We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which van company is the best?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
hillsboro, or 97123
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
which van company is the best?

we need to hire a van from the Cancun airport to the ferry to isla mujeres

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,599 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which van company is the best?

How many people are in your group? or is it just for 2?

I would recommend Best Day, Cancun Valet, Entertainment Plus - all have good reputations. You can book all of these online. :)

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
394 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which van company is the best?

You can also just walk out of the airport & thru the gauntlet of cab drivers. Most are the vans reps just sitting there waiting to pounce on you. We had 8 last Thur. and I just tell them we'll pay $60.00 US, plus tip for a van to Puerto Juarez. They'll argue that's too little, try & charge you $75-80, so we just keep walking. They'll always say they need to ask their boss, and they'll come around. On the way back we do the same but harder to get a van, we had to take 2 cabs w/ 4 ea. for $30.00 ea. Again, they say they won't do it but they eventually will. Fun to barter. If you look like you're walking away to find another, you'll get their attention.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
212 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which van company is the best?

There is no BEST! Tha main ones - Best Day, Cancun Valet, Entertainment Plus - are all ... good. But all have messed up at one time or another. Lost your name, late, over-booked, traffic, accident, whatever, all can, have and will mess up at some point. It is unusual but it happens.

I have come to book through what is now MY travel agent - air, room, transfers, car rental. I give my credit card once and am done. Confirmed. In stone!! MX is high on CC fraud, so I avoid that too. And, with an agent, who books often, you have clout. The agent books alot so you will get the attention due and not fall between the cracks. And, if there is a problem, I call the agent and am done as the agent solves the problems. I've seen people hit the streets having to lok for a place to sleep because of a messed up reservation. The agent will have either no problem, or will solve it or will get you another place pronto! Like a bodyguard!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
75 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which van company is the best?

I have been using for 2 years www.cancuntransfers.com and I have never had any problem, I really like their service, I book and pay in advance by internet, round trip $70 USD.

Sometime ago I forgot to book my transportation, so I was looking for transportation in the airport and I did not like, they charge me a lot, I was trying to get a better price, but I could not... so since then I do not forget to book my transfer online before my trip...

Yorktown, VA
Level Contributor
323 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which van company is the best?

We used Best Day last year and were very pleased; they even brought a carseat for our toddler (not a req't in Mexico). We used out cc on-line with no problem. We are going to use them again this May.

Minnesota, USA
Level Contributor
161 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which van company is the best?

My preference is for USA Transfers (Entertainment-Plus.net). $65 roundtrip for a PRIVATE transfer for 1-3 persons. $75 for 4-10 persons. Great service, nice vehicles, no "racecar" drivers.

Book in advance for roundtrip and you have no worries either direction, and a great price.

texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which van company is the best?

I am a little confused at the prices above. For a regular shuttle from the Airport to the Isla Mujeres Ferry, Best Day shows $9.00 per person. Am I seeing something wrong?

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,599 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which van company is the best?

Cabotravelor: You are seeing the regular price - which is $9 ow or $17 rt. This is for a shared van - A private van is around $65 or more. That is the difference. :)

Florida
Level Contributor
914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: which van company is the best?

Cabotraveler, the other thing you are not seeing is that Best Day has a two-person minimum charge -- even if you are a solo traveler. This is not disclosed on their rate page until you actually click forward to book. So, you pay a minimum of 34 dollars round-trip for their "regular" service that may wend through the Hotel Zone first before taking you to Puerto Juarez. "Private" service gives you a guaranteed direct route to the ferry, which can save as much as one-half hour or more.

Chicago
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: which van company is the best?

^ so your saying by going "private" we can save one and half hours? or just 30 minutes...

thanks.