We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get to isla mujeres?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pennsylvania
Level Contributor
39 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
how to get to isla mujeres?

i'm staying near playa decarman whats the cheapest way to get there?

Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,266 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get to isla mujeres?

You can take the bus to the bus station in downtown Cancun and then a taxi to the ferry dock. The ADO bus terminal is on 5th Ave in Playa Del Carmen.

long island, ny
Level Contributor
2,974 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get to isla mujeres?

Just be careful with what ferry you select. About 10 years ago, my husband and I went to the back of Fat Tuesdays and took the ferry...small little, slow, bumpy boat...for a few more pesos we could have gotten a more high speed ride. We were ignorant at the time and chose the first ride we saw. My advice...pay a few more pesos and get there quicker!

Florida
Level Contributor
914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get to isla mujeres?

Acq211, don't worry about Shoney's experience. Shoney was taking a ferry from the hotel zone. From the Cancun bus terminal a taxi will take you to Puerto Juarez (either of two terminals there), NOT the hotel zone. Most departures for Isla are from PJ and the ferries are fast. I don't think Shoney's "slow" ferry even runs anymore from the hotel zone.

Montreal
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: how to get to isla mujeres?

Hello,

Just came back from Isla Mujeres, here is the schedule from Puerto Juarez to isla mujeres...it cost 7 pesos (5us) 1 way and it takes about 20 minutes, pretty quick.

http://www.granpuerto.com.mx/isla_mujeres.htm

Have a nice trip!

Minnesota, USA
Level Contributor
161 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how to get to isla mujeres?

The previous poster has incorrect information.

The cost of the ferry is 435 pesos one way, or $70 roundtrip. What that converts to depends on the current exchange rate.

The schedule they linked to is incorrect. They uploaded that a long time ago and don't ever update. At 8:30PM the ferries switch to a once per hour schedule. The last ferry goes at 11:30PM.

The first ferry of the morning is also somewhat unreliable...

Minnesota, USA
Level Contributor
161 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how to get to isla mujeres?

OOPS - sorry $35 pesos - the shift key did not work and I got the number 4 instead.

$35MP one-way

$70MP round-trip

7. Re: how to get to isla mujeres?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:24 am, October 19, 2009