We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
connecticut
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay?

Looking into heading to IM in the spring. i visited for a day a few years back while i stayed in cancun.any thoughts on where to stay? looking for a clean, moderately priced hotel with a beach and a pool.

also, i've been to both cancun and mazatlan how does IM compare?

norwalk ct
Level Contributor
499 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay?

TRY the hotel vistalmar,about four blocks to the left after getting of ferry,single 30.00 if you want air and tv it costs more,but if you get a room on the third floor its great and has the best view.

Its much better then cancun,everything is within three blocks from the vistalmar and the hotel has a great cuban place to eat right there and fresh fish place to eat right across the street,its vasquise,great place for fresh fish.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,873 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay?

check the Posada del Mar, they just put in a new pool and it looks very nice. It's right across the street from a very nice beach.

I've never been to Mazatlan, but Cancun and Isla Mujeres don't compare.

Isla is more of a laid back tourist community, you can walk almost everywhere, lots of smaller restaurants, no chains like in Cancun. I think you'll love it.

Minnesota, USA
Level Contributor
161 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay?

It is easier to compare Cancun and Mazatlan since they are both mainland and large.

It kind of depends on where you stayed in Mazatlan too. Isla Mujeres has a feel of more Mexican culture, like Mazatlan does. Cancun is more like Cabo - like the US.

Clean moderately priced with beach and pool = you just described Posada del Mar. Except the beach is across the street, not right on property. Two beach loungers are free with each room.

Maria del Mar would be the second option in town fitting your description - right on Playa Norte.

If you want oceanside with great oceanviews, but don't have to be right on a swimmable beach (just a few blocks walk), Rocamar is a great option.

connecticut
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay?

thanks all for the help! i recall a hotel with a cool beach bar on my day visit a few years back. it was pretty close to the ferry dock right on the beach.

Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
118 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay?

You might want to check out Nautibeach condos. They have a beautiful property with pool and right on the beach. A bar and restaurant is right on the property too.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Pittsburgh, Cancun
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay?

Check out th all inclusive Isla Mujeres Palace. It is located by the dock,great beach, fun pool and pool bar, great food and much more.

Go to palaceresorts.com and check it out, there are lots of photos and virtual tour also.

7. Re: where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, October 14, 2009