We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for clean, affordable, downtown hotel with a balcony

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Looking for clean, affordable, downtown hotel with a balcony

My husband and I are going to Isla this May and are looking for a quaint, clean, affordable hotel downtown with a balcony. When we were there two years ago, I noticed many hotels overlooking the main street where all the restaurants are. That's what I'm looking for, although I don't know the names of these places. Also, is it too risky to just find a hotel when we arrive? We're going for five nights...Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for clean, affordable, downtown hotel with a balcony

Hi - just thought you may like to know that Hotel Roca Mar (also downtown, tho approx 5 min walk to Puerto Juarez) just beside the local church, very, very clean and lovely owners! The rates are fabulous and the ocean view is spectacular! Prices vary from $40-$115/night! You can get away with the cheaper end if your intention is to eat out most of the time, and I'm sure you know it is very affordable to do so on that Island!

Roca mar has its own web site! Check it out and have a fabulous holiday!

Ciao!

Shannon in Canada!

JLO
West Palm Beach
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for clean, affordable, downtown hotel with a balcony

Rolandi's used to have rooms above their restaurant, and I beleive they still do. Also the Bucanero has rooms (right across the street). I've never stayed at either place, but we do eat the food regularly at both. Both hotels are very reasonable. Be sure you get air conditioning. I think both are accessable through web pages.

Georgetown, Kentucky
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for clean, affordable, downtown hotel with a balcony

Hi, For all the names of hotels, addresses, reviews, prices and etc. go to islamujeres.net.

This is a very active message board of Islaholocs that have been there many, many times.

Click on "Isla Mujeres Information Sheet" at the top of the page for mega information and then ask any questions you may have.

The Vistalamar looked really good to us and sounds like what you are looking for, but there are many more to choose from.

Also go to mapchick.com and order the cando map for Isla, it is fantastic!!!! Don't leave home without it!!!

We are going in February. Hope you all have a great time!!

Bismarck, ND
Level Contributor
6 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for clean, affordable, downtown hotel with a balcony

We just came home from Isla last night after staying downtown at Color de Verano and it's exactly what you are looking for! Right next to Jax and the North Beach is literally across the street! This place has only two apts. and a penthouse with a wonderful cafe below. It's decorated in a art deco style fused with the owners wonderful pottery and hand made wood furniture...it's just too beautiful! It's the shining gem of that island - hands down! We would watch people walk by and stare up at the balconies and wonder what it was like...I felt like I was the keeper of the secret! But get in touch with them now...it's usually booked months in advance! You will not be disappointed! We have stayed at Villa Rolandi and Secreto which are beautiful, but the charm and location of Color de Verano is just something so different.

The price is approx. $120 a night...but it depends on how long you stay...goes by week rates...

Quick! Email them!! Michelle, Bismarck, ND

Calgary
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for clean, affordable, downtown hotel with a balcony

Check out Los Arcos!

haven't stayed there, but have visited friends.

newer place, with coffee maker, microwave and fridge in room

Right across the street from Amigos restaurant, so lots of people watching.

My favorite is the RocaMar, located just behind the church on the Zocalo. The view from the ocean side rooms is absolutely to die for.

Have fun!