We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla Day Trip

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fargo, ND
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Isla Day Trip

Hey everyone. I will be going to Cancun in a couple weeks with my girlfriend, and we are hoping to take a day trip to Isla Mujeres given all the great things we have heard. My question is would we be better off going on our own, or should we book with a park and go with them? We noticed El Garrafon has a package that includes round trip from Cancun to Isla. Is that something we should consider, or is there another park to look at? If we did that, can we leave the park and go exploring on the island, or are we stuck there for the day? Sorry I have so many questions on it, but it's our first time in Mexico and I want it to go as smoothly as possible. Thanks for the advice!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,955 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Isla Day Trip

Just wanted to add that there are other shuttle transfer services that are cheaper than Cancun Valet. Best Day (which we have used twice) is only $17pp/rt - very affordable/cheaper than a taxi. You can book online - they take you from the airport to the ferry terminal. It has worked out great. But if you have a larger party, Cancun Valet is actually a better deal. There is also AGI and Entertainment plus - all shuttle services. Hope this helps. :)

Isla Mujeres
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Isla Day Trip

Thank you for the clarification on the directions to reach us. You are indeed correct about GRAN PUERTO CANCUN. We will change that right away in our directions to the hotel.

--Casa El Pío, Isla Mujeres

Stillwater...
Level Contributor
863 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Isla Day Trip

If you're only there for a day, I'd skip the lunch at Playa Loncheros. I think the place has declined in the last couple years. The restrooms are probably the worst I've ever seen. If the bathrooms are filthy, what's the rest of the place like???There are so many places on the north end and in the colonias that would be a better choice. For some of the options for places to eat, check out www.hollyeats.com. Have a great day - you'll be back!

14. Re: Isla Day Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, October 06, 2009