We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing/Boat Tours

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fishing/Boat Tours

Leaving for Isla a week from Saturday. Looking for fishing suggestions, either deep sea or off shore (small boat/local). Also looking for suggestions on boat tours, including sail boats. We have two 5 year olds that will be going on the boat tours. They fell in love with a sail boat last year in the Caymans. Thanks.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,895 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing/Boat Tours

My favorite to recommend is Capt. Tony's boat trip to Isla Contoy . . . a small island north of Isla. It is a full day trip and I have seen children on this tour. Tony will also take you around IM unless he is doing a trip to Contoy - just depends on the weather. You can find Tony on Matamoros . . . here is his site so you can see what he looks like as well as where he lives: http://isla-mujeres.net/capttony/home.htm. Not sure about sail boats - that sounds like fun as well - you might post that question on www.islamujeres.info for further help. Have a great trip - let us know how it goes. :)

minneesota
Level Contributor
215 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing/Boat Tours

I agree with coalminer. We used Captain Tony for a trip to Isla Contoy. He is very nice and very knowledgeable. We had a great time.

Kate

3. Re: Fishing/Boat Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, October 04, 2009