We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla Mujeres All inclusive hotels

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Michigan
2 posts
Save Topic
Isla Mujeres All inclusive hotels

My husband and I are planning a trip in June '08. Where is the best place to stay for the money? Would prefer all inclusive adult only.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Isla Mujeres All inclusive hotels

There are many locations where going all-inclusive makes sense. Isla Mujeres is not one of them.

There are many good restaurants and bars in a small area and are very reasonably priced. I have gone all-inclusive in other areas and was quite satisfied, but I would feel trapped in an all-inclusive plan on Isla.

Indiana
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Isla Mujeres All inclusive hotels

there are only two all inclusives on Isla, is my understanding. we are staying at the Palace Resort for our honeymoon in June. so far the reviews are great. however, now that i am really reading up on Isla, i think we should have avoided the all-inclusive. sounds like it is super cheap to stay/eat/drink anywhere else and that isla is the kind of place you want to explore and not be locked up in a resort all day long. just depends on what you are looking for i guess.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
579 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Isla Mujeres All inclusive hotels

You will miss Isla's charm and what is special about the island if you choose an all-inclusive. Restaurants are plentiful and good and walking around the downtown area is somthing you don't want to miss. Try revising your plans for something not all-inclusive!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,880 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Isla Mujeres All inclusive hotels

I really think you would be disappointed with an AI on Isla - there just really isn't any point with all the wonderful food that is available. However, if you do your research, there are some very nice accommodations that are adult only, so you would really have the best of both worlds. Here is one place that comes to mind. www.casadelossuenosresort.com

Here is a great list of almost all the lodgings available on Isla - it really just depends on your budget. http://www.isla-mujeres.net/acomalpha.htm

Hope that helps you begin to plan a memorable trip to Isla. :)

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
465 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Isla Mujeres All inclusive hotels

Although "Villa Rolandi" is not an all-inclusive (i dont care for the all-inclusives on Isla Mujeres), breakfast and dinner (gourmet!!!) are included in your room rate! so, since that is included, I think the place is of great value! the rooms are awesome, the food is wonderful. It is not a party place - very relaxing... you are not far from town if you want to go shopping or have lunch at the wonderful local spots in town (freshest seafood ever!) - 5.00 taxi ride into town! lots of people like to rent a golf cart to ride around in town, but the golf carts are expensive - better to pay the 5.00 to get into town via a taxi - then, everything is close enough to walk to! oh, this place is adults only too! i went last Sept and am going again this May - they just opened a new restaurant on property and have added a few new suites! (but still the small luxury feel!) have fun!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
579 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Isla Mujeres All inclusive hotels

If Villa Rolandi is in the budget, GO!!!!

ny
Level Contributor
373 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Isla Mujeres All inclusive hotels

Villa Rolandi is an excellent hotel, but if you like all-inclusives because the alcohol is included, note that alcohol is NOT included in Villa Rolandi's price, except for a welcoming cocktail, I believe.

8. Re: Isla Mujeres All inclusive hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, September 24, 2009