We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming beach and nice hotel in Mujeres?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Arlington, VA
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Swimming beach and nice hotel in Mujeres?

My husband and I are traveling to Mujeres in mid Feb for 4 nights and want a nice hotel, that's walking distance to town, and has a nice beach we can lie on and swim. Most reviews seem to play up the pools and views but not the actual beach. Any suggestions?

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,253 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming beach and nice hotel in Mujeres?

Both the Nautibeach condos and Ixchel condos are on a wonderful beach. The Ixchel is newer, a bit more upscale, and hence more expensive, but both share the same great beach. You can easily walk everywhere in town from either. The Nauti condos have a great restuarant and beach bar, the Sunset Grill. Less expensive option is Maria's Cabanas del Mar, but the beach there has really eroded and is much smaller. Also, I heard you have to pay for lounges even if you're a guest there. They're free at the Nautibeach condos.

Arlington, VA
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming beach and nice hotel in Mujeres?

Which Ixchel property - casa or beach hotel?

Thanks

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,495 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming beach and nice hotel in Mujeres?

Although not a deluxe hotel, I'm very partial to Hotel Playa la Media Luna. Not on a swimmable beach, but a nice beach to sun on, and the views are beautiful. Short walk to other beaches and downtown for food and drinks.

I was there in January 2007 and will return in March of this year.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,599 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimming beach and nice hotel in Mujeres?

There are many hotels to choose from - really depends on your budget . . . and while Playa Norte is a nice beach, it has eroded away quite a bit the past year or so . . . the beach south of Sergios is very nice - that is usually where we hang when on Isla. We only stayed at a hotel with a pool once - we only used it once, as we prefer the beach, so now we don't waste the $$ on getting a hotel with a pool, as we don't see that as need. All of this area is in the downtown area . . . so you are only a short walk to either the beach or the restaurants/shops.

If you want to see a listing of ALL the hotels on Isla just in the downtown area, check out: http://www.isla-mujeres.net/acomcentro.htm

As well, you have time to get a map of isla from the mapchick at www.cancunmap.com - it lists all the accommodations, restaurants, beaches, activities, etc., and can be very helpful for your trip. Good luck! :)

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,253 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimming beach and nice hotel in Mujeres?

mhogan78, I meant the Ixchel condos right on the beach; not the Casa Ixchel.

Missouri
Level Contributor
450 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimming beach and nice hotel in Mujeres?

We really enjoyed Posda Del Mar when we were there in Nov/Dec. It is a nice little hotel with pool, bar, rest. & a great beach right across the street. If you stay at Posda, then you get beach chairs free & they have a beer stand with some great guys that will take good care of you. It is not a 5* but very nice.

Blandy1

chicago
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swimming beach and nice hotel in Mujeres?

If you like to snorkel,the Avalon Reef is perfect for you.A lot of the beach is gone but the water is beautiful. Stay in the villas versus the hotel rooms. We will be there for three weeks as we are a member there.Where ever you stay avoid the all inclusive since there are so many restaurants in town.

8. Re: Swimming beach and nice hotel in Mujeres?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, September 17, 2009