We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for all inclusive

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
2 posts
Save Topic
Looking for all inclusive

I am trying to plan a trip for March. I would like something all inclusive but not too pricey, with beachfront or a very short walk to the beach. If we cannot or do not do all inclusive, what is the prices like for meals, drinks, etc...? Can anyone recommend something?

Tanya

Florida
Level Contributor
914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for all inclusive

Isla restaurants and bars are very reasonably priced, and most are clustered in the downtown area on Hidalgo, a pedestrians-only street, so they are very accessible. I have never understood the appeal of the all-inclusive option on Isla. It makes sense at big, sprawling resorts that aren't near anything else. It doesn't really make sense on Isla... a small island with a lot of affordable dining and drinking options, including buying your own booze and pouring it yourself. If you insist on going AI, the only two options ON the island (not mainland) are Avalon Reef Resort and Isla Mujeres Palace Resort.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Pittsburgh, Cancun
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for all inclusive

Isla Mujeres Palace! palaceresorts.com

Vancouver
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for all inclusive

Thank you for the information, it sure does help. Can you recommend some places to stay at?

Tanya

Delaware
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for all inclusive

We will be taking our third trip to the Avalon this April. It is an all inclusive and we thoroughly enjoy the convenience of that. It is so reasonable that we also go into town (only 4 blocks away) most evenings. The hotel is only a three star, so if you are comfortable with that you will like it. You absolutely should book a villa room not the standard hotel room. The food is adequate, the beach is nice and the staff is great!!!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,464 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for all inclusive

I have been going to Isla for years and I completely agree with Chatelaine. AI resorts make sense in isolated areas with no other dining option; on Isla, it makes no sense IMO because there are so many excellent restaurants. I think you'll be missing out on a lot by choosing AI on Isla.

Florida
Level Contributor
914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for all inclusive

Sahmofour, if you are asking me to recommend places that are NOT AI, I would suggest that you book something on Playa Norte, in downtown, or at the northern end in the Caribbean/Airstrip neighborhood, in order to be close to both restaurants and beaches. Purchase an Isla Mujeres map from www.cancunmap.com to help you get the lay of the land, and go to the website www.islamujeres.info for more planning help. They have a "Places to Stay" tab that will help you compare properties. Isla beaches are open to all, and there are plenty of beach bars on the sand to keep you lubricated. Have a great time!

7. Re: Looking for all inclusive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, September 16, 2009