We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late night transportation to Isla de las Mujeres

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, TX
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Late night transportation to Isla de las Mujeres

I'm going to Isla de las Mujeres for a few days in July, and my flight to Cancun will not arrive until 8pm. I understand there is an 11:30pm ferry to Isla de las Mujeres from Puerto Juarez, but I'm not sure about the best way to get there at night. I would like to save money, and I'm worried a taxi direct from the airport to the ferry would be expensive. If I take the airport bus into the downtown bus terminal, can I more cheaply take a taxi from there? Is it safe to hang around the bus or ferry terminals late at night? I am a young single female traveler, and my Spanish is almost non-existent. Thanks so much for any advice or price quotes folks can offer!

Indy
Level Contributor
465 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late night transportation to Isla de las Mujeres

Hey vertigo, it is cheaper to take the bus to the bus station.

You would be safe at the bus station. It should only cost you

30 to 40 peso from bus station to Puerto Juarez ferry dock

by taxi. There will be alot of taxi's at the bus station.

Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Late night transportation to Isla de las Mujeres

I saw another post suggesting BestDay travel so I will echo that. I booked with them and its only $17/per person round trip from the airport to the ferry terminal and they pick you up when you return and greet you at the airport. We will be arriving in July also but slightly earlier in the evening..about 6.

Incidentally I made an error in my booking..darn computer and emailed them and they fixedit. I called them also and they were very helpful. I also booked my room through them as they were cheaper than others online. We will be arriving 15th .hope you enjoy your stay.

colorado
Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late night transportation to Isla de las Mujeres

Taxis are expensive. I travel alone also and would be concerned about the bus that late. The last time I checked Best Day, they wanted a minimum of two people. That said, there are shuttles from the airport that are $12. As you exit the terminal, the Green Line has a stand on your left. I would take them. You will tour the hotel zone if they have others to drop off. It doesn't take that much more time, and I always find it interestiing anyway.