We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mar y sol apts

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Mar y sol apts

Anybody stay there recently? Is the water blue? What is turtle grass?

Would it be suitable for a 6 month pregnant lady? Thanks again!

Terre Haute, Indiana
Level Contributor
426 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mar y sol apts

Hello! We stayed next door at Playa Gaviota last January and are booked to stay at Mar y Sol this January. The water is incredible -- all kinds of different colors of blue. Turtle grass is kind of like seaweeds -- it grows in the water and makes the bottom of the water kind of mucky. We snorkled in front of Mar y Sol last year and it didn't bother us at all. Lot's of fish that you can see just by walking the beach -- the water is very clear. Mar y Sol books very quickly so I would be booking soon if you want to stay there.

My pictures:http://pictures.aol.com/ap/myAlbums.do?albumId=28350.6821.1170188788596.1 The pictures at the end labled Gaviota and our favorite tree are right next door.

Oregon
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mar y sol apts

We stayed there last spring and stayed in both the old and the new apartments. The new are much nicer than the old ones and worth the money. The older apartments are VERY rustic, but comfortable. They aren't bad if you don't mind washing your dishes in the shower. :) The cleaning couple and Freddy are wonderful.

The sea grass grossed me out and I couldn't bear to walk around in the water, but then again I have a huge fear of a big fish biting my leg off or a sea snake swimming after me. I like the clear blue water that you can see what's approaching before it kills you. I have been pregnant before, and if I were to stay there, I would book the new apartments and take a cab to Playa Norte every day, but that's coming from a whimp :)

3. Re: Mar y sol apts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, September 13, 2009