We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of 5 transportation on Isla Mujeres

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mahwah, New Jersey
Level Contributor
637 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Family of 5 transportation on Isla Mujeres

Hi, I am visiting IM for the day with 4 other people. Is there anything we can rent that will hold all 5 of us or at least 3 adults? Thank you.

Florida
Level Contributor
914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Family of 5 transportation on Isla Mujeres

Unless one of you is a small child who can sit on someone's lap, you will not get five on a golf cart. 4 people, yes. There's a front seat for 2... and a back seat facing the rear. Each seat is only wide enough for two.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,884 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family of 5 transportation on Isla Mujeres

3 adults and 2 kids can fit on a cart depending on the size of the

kids. A small child can sit in the middle up front. Or one adult and 2 kids on the back.

Mahwah, New Jersey
Level Contributor
637 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family of 5 transportation on Isla Mujeres

ok we'll have to get 2. there are 5 adults in the party

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
377 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family of 5 transportation on Isla Mujeres

I believe Ciro's Golf Cart Rentals has the large carts with three seats which is large enough for six people. I saw this noted on the Map Chic's map, but it's possible she was talking about the golf cart that fits four people and has a large storage box behind the passenger section. I'd suggest posting this question specifically to the "Map Chic", and she can best answer it.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
377 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family of 5 transportation on Isla Mujeres

I pulled out my map chic map and she specifically notes that Ciro's has large carts fitting six people. It's located on Guerrero just north of Matamoro.

Mahwah, New Jersey
Level Contributor
637 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family of 5 transportation on Isla Mujeres

Great, I'll chek it out!!

Southern California
Level Contributor
12,606 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Family of 5 transportation on Isla Mujeres

We've always had good luck in the past with Ciro's (4 times) although we rent the regular carts. Enjoy your trip.

Florida
Level Contributor
914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Family of 5 transportation on Isla Mujeres

Ciro' s does NOT have six-person carts. If three of the adults are skinny, 5 on a cart may be doable -- but not really comfortable.

9. Re: Family of 5 transportation on Isla Mujeres

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, September 12, 2009