We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Morelos and Isla Mujeres help

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Denver, CO
Level Contributor
74 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Morelos and Isla Mujeres help

Never been to Mexico before and my boyfriend and I are planning a trip 2/12/08 - 02/20/08 and thinking of dividing the time between Isla Mujeres and PM. Questions:

Is 4 days in PM long enough to see some ruins and maybe snorkel? (we plan on doing the "relaxing" part in IM)

Will it be hard to arrange these activities or should we rent a car for a day or two to do ruins?

Are the beaches/weather decent this time of year?

How would I go about getting to PM and then to the ferry to IM? Any ideas on cost or transfer services?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide. If anyone has any suggestions for better places to stay near ruins, we are open. We just want to stay away from AI's, nightclubs, etc. Counting down til Feb!

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Isla Mujeres
Isla Mujeres
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,222 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Morelos and Isla Mujeres help

Well, I can't help you with the PM portion of your trip, as I haven't been there, but Isla is easy to get to and you have many options - bus, taxi, or private transport. We have used Best Day from the Cancun airport to the ferry - $17 pp RT. There are others, such as AGI and Cancun Valet as well.

Before you go, I would highly recommend getting some maps from the Mapchick - they put out many for the Yucatan and the one for Isla is a great resource. www.cancunmap.com. They list all the accommodations, restaurants, activities.

We have been in February and thought it was great . . . especially leaving our winters behind. But that is high season, so you will want to have your accommodations booked before you get there.

I would highly recommend a snorkel trip to Isla Contoy with Capt. Tony (more info on your map) as well as hopping over to the forum on www.islamujeres.info - you will probably get help with PM as well there. Good luck! :)

Mentioned in this post
Best Day
Best Day
4,758 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cancun Airport
Cancun Airport
Cancun, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
2. Re: Puerto Morelos and Isla Mujeres help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, September 09, 2009