We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do after 5:00 pm

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Texas
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do after 5:00 pm

We will be in Cancun next week. We are taking a day trip to Isla Mujeres and we are going to do a night snorkel, leaving out at 8:00 pm.

Regarding the golf cart rental: Does anyone know of rental places that you can bring the golf carts back after 5:00pm? Most everything that I have looked into it says that we have to have them back by 5:00pm.

What time do most of the shopping areas (souvenir shops) close?

Other than eating, what can my family (two teenagers) do between 5:00pm and 8:00pm?

Thanks for any help

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,254 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do after 5:00 pm

Hola! Many of the shops along Hidalgo stay open late . . . so you can dine and then wander around shops if you like. As well, there is often a basketball game happening in the Zocalo, though that was in the winter, so I am not sure.what all happens during the summer evenings. We usually just wander around . . . you could eat dinner, shop a bit, and then head to Color de Verano for dessert or there are several ice creams shops as well. Hope that helps a bit - if not, head on over to www.islamujeres.info for some more suggestions - good luck! :)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do after 5:00 pm

Go to Casa O`s for dinner!! go there before the sunsent! wonderful view!!!

here is their webiste

www.casaos.com.mx we love this place!!

Navarre, Florida
Level Contributor
527 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do after 5:00 pm

We just returned from a week (6/9 - 6/16) there with our teenage daughter. We had dinners at Rolandi's or Freddy's around 6ish and then strolled Hidalgo Street and the main street next to where the ferry docks. The earlier post referred to the basketball game in the town square area. It was happening each night we were there as well. The shops on Hidalgo Street pretty much stay open of an evening, so souveniors won't be a problem. Our daughter bought a lot and her haggling skills improved each time! Have plenty of single dollar bills handy and hone up on your haggling skills. Also, don't be afraid to walk away from a shop if the prices are too much. Other shops will carry the same thing and prices vary greatly. As for the golf carts, we rented from Ciro's and had ours back by 15:00, so I'm not sure what the latest time you can return them. With the golf cart, plan on making at least one trip around the island to experience all of the various sights. If you've never been to IM, watch out for the speed bumps. They are usually marked with a sign, but some are not. Our daughter had us airborne on several of them. Have fun on IM and don't forget to let us know how it turned out. :)

Texas
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do after 5:00 pm

Thanks to all the suggestions. We are Dallas Maverick fans (not a good ending to a great season) so the basketball games sound interesting to watch, and maybe play. I am counting the days and will let you know how it turns out.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,932 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do after 5:00 pm

you'll have plenty of things to keep you entertained after 5, don't worry :)

Sunset is a major event on Isla, but I think it sets a little later right now.,, closer to 7:30, you'll probably see it from your snorkel boat :)

6. Re: Things to do after 5:00 pm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, September 03, 2009