We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are you paying for your nightly rate?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Washington State
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
What are you paying for your nightly rate?

I am just curious how much you are paying for your nightly rate, including tax? I have read about places for $35-$80 per night. Is this accurate? and at what time of year? Thanks!

Florida
Level Contributor
914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What are you paying for your nightly rate?

Yes, there are places on Isla Mujeres available at the rates you quote. More of them in the so-called "off season" now than in winter, but some at these prices year-round. I will say however, that most places available at these rates do not meet the standards of the average US motel. These are truly budget, economy, bare-bones accommodations with very little "style." Your fan will likely be loud, rusted, and rattling, as will your air-conditioning (if you have it). The bed will be hard with a skinny pillow and worn sheets. You will not have an ocean view or a TV and you are not going to get a swimming pool or a refrigerator at $35 a night. If you are looking for something near the beach on a budget, Isla will suit you. Of course, there are also finer accommodations at a higher price. On Isla, as in most of life, you get what you pay for.

norwalk ct
Level Contributor
499 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are you paying for your nightly rate?

try the hotel vistalmar,you can get a tv,air and pay a dollar a day more for a freg.and its view is the best on isla,nothing passes to or from isla without going right by in front across the street from the vistalmar.and everything is within three blocks,food,beach .why pay big bucks when you can have a great place and pay very little,how long are you in your room really?and its one of the safest hotels on isla.try it you will love it and aways go back.room for a day is about 40.00plus freg.

Terre Haute, Indiana
Level Contributor
425 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are you paying for your nightly rate?

We paid $70.00 in January at Playa Gaviota -- had a nice bed, small refridge, cook top, sink, a/c. Great place. Next January we are staying at Mar y Sol -- paying $36 a night -- a/c, refridge, good reviews, great view.

norwalk ct
Level Contributor
499 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are you paying for your nightly rate?

i must say mary sol is a great place,but the vistalmar has the view.and we go at high season in jan.no matter where you rent,lock up everything,its a new isla and not as safe as it used to be.never tell anyone when you leaveing isla.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What are you paying for your nightly rate?

We walked in and paid 52US for a great room at Posada del Mar last Dec. Pool, bar, beach club, ocean view. Actually, you can do pretty good in that price range.

norwalk ct
Level Contributor
499 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What are you paying for your nightly rate?

if you stay at the posada they give you a beach chair across the street at the beach also.and after the beach all day to go back to the pool and have a cold drink,its just great.if i wasn't so happy with the vistalmar i most likely be at the posada.and it is a real classy place.

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What are you paying for your nightly rate?

I can't believe the prices!!! We ended up doing a RCI timeshare exchange with the Villa Vera Puerto for next February '08. Now I wish I wouldn't have jumped the gun and just booked a nightly rate at one of these budget hotels instead!

Florida
Level Contributor
914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: What are you paying for your nightly rate?

Villa Vera is leagues above Isa's budget accommodations. Beautiful grounds, a marina with million-dollar yachts, the largest pool on the island. Enjoy pampering yourself on this trip... and go budget next time, if that's what you really want. Isla has it all.

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What are you paying for your nightly rate?

Yes! Villa Vera Puerto does look nice. Thank you for the information so far!

Pen Argyl...
Level Contributor
365 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What are you paying for your nightly rate?

We stayed at Villa vera about 10 years ago, but it was called something else, don't remember name. Just curious, do they still shuttle you by boat across lagoon to go to their beach?