We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UltraMar ferry question

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Topic
UltraMar ferry question

On Ultramars website it says a roundtrip ticket from Puerto Juarez to Isla Mujeres is $300 USD. But a roundtrip ticket from any of the other 3 locations in Cancun is only $19 USD. Am I missing something here? Everything I have read online says to take a cab or private transfer from the airport the Puerto Juarez ferry location. Why is is so much more expensive from Puerto Juarez?

Mentioned in this post
Isla Mujeres
Isla Mujeres
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
3 replies to this topic
Illinois
Level Contributor
2,207 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UltraMar ferry question

$300 pesos. It’s about $15-16 dollars US.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,897 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: UltraMar ferry question

Agree with jetskigirl. And that today's exchange rates the $19 is almost 400 pesos. Very expensive chairs for such a short ride but it's what happens when you have a near Monopoly.

Edited: 7:46 am, June 09, 2018
Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
3,318 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UltraMar ferry question

There are two other ferry services available from Cancun to Isla. The prices all seem pretty much the same for tourists. It does vary for residents and people from Quintana Roo. I think you misunderstood pesos for USD dollars as mentioned above. With the current exchange, it would be to your benefit to pay in pesos. UltraMar also takes credit cards. I am not sure if the other ferry services do. Enjoy your time on the Island.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Quintana Roo
Quintana Roo
Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico
Ultramar
Ultramar
3,361 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Reply to: UltraMar ferry question