We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla to Playa, Nautibeach & Sergios

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheltenham
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Isla to Playa, Nautibeach & Sergios

Hi everyone, going to Isla on the 27th April til the 7th of May and then on to PDC for 6 days. Can anyone give me advice on the best and most convenient way of getting to PDC from Isla? Time and convenience are prob the primary factors here. Also we are staying at the Nautibeach Condos, my partner is a bit of a beach and pool beast, what's the pool like here and is the beach fine for bathing and lounging around on around there? Also what's the best place to go for chairs and beds on the beach? We heard Sergios is great, is this near the Nautibeach?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Andy

Baltimore
Level Contributor
174 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Isla to Playa, Nautibeach & Sergios

I can't help with transport from Isla to PDC although I guess ferry and then bus, cab or private transport would probably be the only option...if you pick private, preplanned transport...Best Day is a great company. I used them from the airport to the ferry and back and they were perfect!

There are actually beach chairs right in front of Nautibeach...think water, beach, pool, condo...in that order. Nautibeach's pool is literally almost built right on the beach. Nautibeach may also give free chairs to guests...not sure. I actually stayed at Playa Media Luna but camped out in front of Nautibeach daily...I thought the beach there was the best...and it had the bar/restaurant right there.

I did look at Sergios and it was nice/huge...but it was ALOT busier...the Cancun party boats let people off right on Sergios beach. I guess it depends on the atmosphere you want. But if you want that party atmoshpere, Sergios is a VERY EASY walk from Nautibeach.

Have fun...I'm envious!!!

Southern California
Level Contributor
12,166 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Isla to Playa, Nautibeach & Sergios

Sergio's is very nice and has pretty decent food, especially good guacamole. The chairs and umbrellas are free as long as you are buying food or drinks there. Unforunately sometimes the party boats from Cancun with the daytrippers stop at Sergio's. Probably weekends would be less busy there, as lots of folks are flying in or out of Cancun then.

We also like Buho's swing bars in front of Hotel Cabanas Maria del Mar, short walk the other direction from Nautibeach. Happy hour starts at 2:30pm but you have to buy tickets. They have 3 bars and Happy Hour changes from one to another hour once an hour or so, they ring a bell. They do charge for chairs though.

I cannot offer personal testimoney, but think private transfer once you get off the ferry to PDC would be most convenient and time saving vs taxi to bus station, bus to PDC, etc. Have heard good things about both Best Day and Cancun Valet.

3. Re: Isla to Playa, Nautibeach & Sergios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, August 30, 2009