We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best bike rental downtown

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
129 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Best bike rental downtown

Hey guys I’m looking for any recommendations to rent some bikes, the best price and well maintained bikes. We are staying almost mid island.

19 replies to this topic
North Syracuse, New...
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best bike rental downtown

I'm only responding so your post doesn't get lost in the shuffle. I have yet to see a decent bike on the island, the ones I have looked at are single speed and don't seem to fit the riders very well. I'm sure there are good ones out there and hopefully someone can help you out. Good luck!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
21,018 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best bike rental downtown

I seem to remember pretty new bikes next door to Coco's golf carts. Kind of by Jax. I could be wrong. Also on Medina there were some shops with decent looking bikes. Always check it out carefully before taking it because some are really in sad shape. There also used to be a rental on the corner of Matamoros and Guerrero.

Mentioned in this post
JAX Bar & Grill
JAX Bar & Grill
1,318 Reviews
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Blue Earth...
Level Contributor
352 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best bike rental downtown

We saw bikes at Luxury if I recall (over between Ixchel and Playa Arena). I didn't rent one, so I can't speak to how good they are. I think I would talk to the person you are renting from, first. They may have an "in" with a place that has decent bikes or may even own bikes you can use.

Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Ixchel Beach Hotel
Ixchel Beach Hotel
1,557 Reviews
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Playa Arena
Playa Arena
105 Reviews
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
129 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best bike rental downtown

Ahhhh :( thanks

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
685 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best bike rental downtown

Not sure if you have been to Isla, and I have no idea of your skill level, but IMO a bike could get very sketchy in certain areas and definitely after dark.

Be safe!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
129 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best bike rental downtown

Never been to Isla but have done the bike thing along beach road in Tulum at night and during the day, yes the roads are super narrow there and can be a bit frightening if you aren’t skilled. Just wanted to get some exercise during the day while getting around. Seems like bikes are not a big thing on Isla #welp

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
685 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best bike rental downtown

The beach roads in Tulum are a good start, then add Tourists in carts that go 15 mph being passed by everything else! Its pretty wild.

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
129 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best bike rental downtown

Gridguy .. DEAR LORD!!😩 maybe I’ll walk it lol

Fenwick Island, DE
Level Contributor
159 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best bike rental downtown

Just have to be careful. We rode bikes(provided by the place we're staying) from centro to Mango Cafe today. Wasn't too bad.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
129 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best bike rental downtown

Thanks guys I’ll have a look and judge by looking around whether it’s doable or better to just walk :)

Reply to: Best bike rental downtown
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted