We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there places on Isla that rent personal watercraft??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Glendale, Arizona
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Are there places on Isla that rent personal watercraft??

Going to Isla Mujeres in Sept. for 7-days & were wondering if this would be available without having to leave the island..

Thanks in advance for any info :-)

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,949 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there places on Isla that rent personal watercraft??

you can rent jet skis at Playa Indios Beach Club, I believe they rent for about $40 for 1/2 hour

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there places on Isla that rent personal watercraft??

If you're referring to a boat of some kind, you're required to have a captain in Mexico. Can't rent it to take it out yourself.

Glendale, Arizona
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there places on Isla that rent personal watercraft??

No, I was talking about a jet ski / waverunner

Thanks for the info :-)

Oregon
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there places on Isla that rent personal watercraft??

Indios is actually shut down for business currently (we were just there last week) but if they will still rent out the wave runners or kayaks. I saw the Coke man come and go, so I think the shut down is temporary. They rent for $50.00 per 1/2hr, but the life jackets look a little "rough". There is a beach club just down the beach from Playas Lancheros (north) that rents them out for $45.00 per 1/2hr, but we only saw them along the beach on our beach walks, and never got the name of the club.

5. Re: Are there places on Isla that rent personal watercraft??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, August 28, 2009