We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rolandi beach

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
texas
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Rolandi beach

How is the beach at Villa Rolandi? Is there alot of seagrass? Is it crowded or is it secluded enough for a couple wanting solitude? Any comments? THanks....

Brighton, MI
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rolandi beach

The beach at the Rolandi is perfect for solitude. There isn't any seagrass and you can walk out in the water forever. The Rolandi is a perfect choice. We went for our honeymoon last Sept and it was the best place we stayed at. It is definitely worth every penny. The pool at the Rolandi is also very nice and usually not very crowded (depending on how many people are staying there). You will regret having to come home.

Arvada, CO
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rolandi beach

Hi,

We stayed at the Rolandi Beach and Resort Club for two weeks last July. Yes, the beach is very nice, clean, white, soft sand and no seeweed in a large area. However, it is small and we discovered that the hotel has a policy that if anyone eats in the restaurant, they can use the beach. As a result, many days the beach was essentially taken over by local native families, or local families who would boat over to the hotel dock from Cancun. So as far as privacy and quietness goes, it depends on how many locals show up. Since many of the local families have small children, it can get noisey in the afternoon. The pool on the other hand is totally reserved for hotel guests and is totally private. We enjoyed it immensely. However, we are beach and water people so we would have appreciated having a totally private, serene quiet beach. Regardless, we had a wonderful stay at Rolandi's. Doug Gibbs, Arvada, CO

Portland Oregon
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Rolandi beach

The beach at Villa Rolandi is beautiful and private but kind of small. The water was clean and its location was protected against the wind that you get at Playa Norte. The pool is beautiful also and not crowded with lots of people or children due to the small size of the hotel. I found it very quiet and peaceful and the restaurant had wonderful food. We had breakfast on the beach our first morning.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
20 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rolandi beach

My husband and I will be staying at Villa Rolandi soon - How did you get to have your breakfast on the beach? Was it a special request to room service, or did you just carry it down there? Also, was it difficult to get into town from the hotel? I see that the bus doesn't go there, would a golf cart be better, or just cabbing it? thanks for your reply-

USA
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Rolandi beach

Cabs are cheap and plentiful...flag em down and negotiate a rate. Probably 30 MP ($3) to downtown. A cart is fun for a day or so to explore the south end especially....no need for one much more than that.