We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Cueva de la Cherna

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
554 posts
45 reviews
124 helpful votes
La Cueva de la Cherna

We were casting about for an inexpensive dinner last night and happened on this tiny restaurant on Hidalgo, just north of Lopez Mateos. (Ironically, it's Quesadillas Hechas a Mano sign has been my laptop background for a year, but we'd never eaten there.)

It was just what we were looking for. Tacos, 17p each, chunky guac and homemade chips, 50p, plus naranjada and papaya water, 30p. Friendly service and good food at good prices. (We are getting a bit of sticker shock at the price increases at many restaurants so it's nice to find another place with the old prices still intact.) The hours said they're open 7:30 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.

They don't seem to be on TA and a forum search didn't turn up any posts but I found a Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/lacuevadelacherna/) and I know they've been around for a year or more. We are going to go back. Seems like a great spot for a meal near Playa Norte.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
22,085 posts
101 reviews
222 helpful votes
1. Re: La Cueva de la Cherna

Sounds great! Thanks for posting it. I love tacos so will give them a try.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
11,380 posts
196 reviews
245 helpful votes
2. Re: La Cueva de la Cherna

Thanks for the heads up!

3. Re: La Cueva de la Cherna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 25, 2018