We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip with a Toddler!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Day Trip with a Toddler!

Can anyone give me advice/info on a day trip to Isla Mujeres with a 13mth toddler?? I know most people will think we are mad for even thinking about bringing him with us or travelling so far but since we are getting married out there with our family and friends coming along we decided that the day would not be complete withouthim.

I have read on the site that this is a good place to visit and would really appreciate any advice that anyone can give!

Illinois
Level Contributor
690 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip with a Toddler!

You will have a fantastic trip to the island. The water is perfect to "play" in-very calm and the beaches are beautiful.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,939 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip with a Toddler!

We just came back from Isla and there were many people traveling there with their small children - from infants on up, so I wouldn't worry about that at all. He will love playing on the white sand beaches and the calm water areas . . . . and I would consider more than just a day trip if you have the time - Isla is a lovely island, much quieter than Cancun as well as much more affordable. Just pack plenty of baby sunscreen, invest in one of the flaphats that cover the neck as well and baby sunglasses, as the sun is very intense - that would be my greatest fear as parent traveling with a baby. As well, I would travel with a well built baby backpack (rather than a carriage/stroller) so that you will have better accessiblity. Have a wonderful trip! :)

3. Re: Day Trip with a Toddler!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, August 26, 2009