We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best All Inclusive Resort on Cozumel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
minnesota
Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best All Inclusive Resort on Cozumel

What would people say is the best all inclusive resort on Cozumel? Great food, beach, snorkeling, access to diving and some night life for 21 and 23 year old. Also, nice place for their 50ish parents.

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
minnesota
Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort on Cozumel

Any thoughts? What is the best?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,699 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort on Cozumel

This has all been said before, but I can' t remember the topic name so will try to cover the answer for you. Unfortunately there are NO resorts or hotels that have it all, so you need to compromise, or go somewhere else. In return for your compromise you may however get several bonus items.

The best all inclusive hands down is the Cozumel Palace, and that is a fact, but it doesn't make it the best choice, it has no beach of any kind. It is waterfront, with all rooms facing the water & sunset, but without a beach can't in my mind be a true 5 star resort. If you don't need a beach to go for walks on it is the place, close to the downtown core ( few minutes walk), close to the entertainment your kids will enjoy, has great snorkeling, only bettered by the area around the Fiesta Americanna & the Presidente. It has a very good dive operator in house (Aqua Safari) but isn't close to the popular dive sites.

The top competitor is the Occidental Grand, which has the beach, but sandy bottoms don't provide good marine habitats so it looses out on the great snorkeling part of the question. It is very close to the diving, and also has a very good dive op (Dive Palancar), but little in nitelife for the young ones without a taxi ride to town (pricy if a daily event). The food also gets very good reviews but the Palace seems to get even better reviews.

Please note that I have not stayed at either, but next door to the Grand, and talked to several of it's guests on many occasions, plus read what gets said here. I have stayed at what now is the Palace, so know from personal experience what the old layout was like & the snorkeling etc. I will add one disclaimer about the Palace and that ONLY relates to a stay during Carnaval. THE SOUND STAGE is one block away, and faces towards the Palace, and the concerts are LOUD. They start at 11:00 PM and run until around 5:00 AM. This year the dates are Feb 14-20, but I don't think there is a concert on the 20th.

If you can live without a beach to take long walks along, and can enjoy the extra time to learn about your dive mates go the Palace, you will be happy you did. If the walks along the beach & shorter (very short in fact) boat rides are important choose the Grand, you will be happy with your choice. IF neither fits your liking then Cozumel is not for you, and thats OK, one paradise on our planet would be too crowded to call it paradise.

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel Palace
Cozumel Palace
4,078 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
minnesota
Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort on Cozumel

Thanks for the information.......

4. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort on Cozumel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 pm, January 18, 2007
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort on Cozumel

Appreciate that Coz Vr....

For all the reasons stated above I would agree that the ElCozumeleno is my #1 favorite...Then probably The Melia, but their snorkeling isn't as good...Then Probably the Palace, But they don't have a natural beach...It is man made and raised above the water line. Like CI OPO said all the AI hotels do not have it all...But I think you get more bang for the buck at the El Coz....

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
328 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort on Cozumel

The Grand if you have to have a real beach but it is not visable from your hotel room.

The Palace if you don't mind having a small man-made beach. It has great views of the ocean from your room and better food. Much closer to town. A $2 taxi ride. It is around $17 one-way from the Grand.

A close third is the Park Royal. Some might give this one the nod over the other two but I think that you'll be happy with anyone of these choices. Snorkeling is better at the Palace but you don't have a great beach. Park Royal's beach is a small cove but I like it and did at one time have very good snorkeling. Park Royal's cab fare is $4 to $5 one way into town.

Mentioned in this post
Park Royal Cancun
Park Royal Cancun
5,042 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Texas
Level Contributor
429 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort on Cozumel

M mom has stayed at El Coz and loved it. Personally, I prefer Iberostar Coz. It is further south of downtown than all the others, but that is not an issue to me. It has all the ammenities of the Playa IB's and a great beach. Great food, swim up bar, top notch diving (which is a big deal for me), great bungalos. I think it needs to be mentioned here.

Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Cozumel
Iberostar Cozumel
5,381 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Burleson, Texas
Level Contributor
367 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort on Cozumel

I have to disagree about the Grand not having good snorkeling / marine life. We were there in November. Snorkel in about 20 feet of water - you'll see all kinds of marine life. They have some concrete fixtures on the bottom, and lots of fish swim in and around them.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
328 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort on Cozumel

A little surprised that the Grand had great snorkeling. I've stayed at the Grand and Allegro next door multiple times and didn't have such luck.

Maybe next time I'll bring a pear of those vintage Colorado blacks socks I've read about here to sport before entering the water and that will attract marine life.

Burleson, Texas
Level Contributor
367 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort on Cozumel

The black socks go well with the bermuda shorts and sandals.