We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Cozumel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Minneapolis, MN
4 posts
Save Topic
Just returned from Cozumel

My wife and I had a wonderful time...

snorkeling at dzul ha was awesome...the best snorkeling on the island in my opinion. dove at palancar and paradise reef both were sweet (blue angel dive service was very good and a fun time)

we rented a car from alamo which was okay...we had arranged our reservation online at alamo and applied a coupon code to get a discount price...this did not go over well with the 'manager' and I think he gave us the crappiest car in the fleet and tried to upcharge us for liability insurance (MAKE SURE THAT YOU BRING ALL DOCUMENTATION WITH YOU FOR RESERVATIONS YOU MADE LIKE HOTEL, CAR, DIVING, ETC...)...but it was still okay...we rented scooters the first day and it was fine, but I totally understand the saftey concerns...it can be very difficult navigating some of the streets in cozumel...and we saw one scooter wipe out...but the people were okay...

we noticed a lot of people sun bathing nude on the eastern shore so hopefully that answers some questions for people

We had an excellent time and would go back again in the future. If you have any questions just ask

PDX
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from Cozumel

Hello, me and friends going to cozumel in may...Never being there yet, so exited. We plan to rent scooters, what place did you rent from, and how much you paid? Also did you go fishing? looking to hear more info...Thanks alot...Alex

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from Cozumel

We rented from Rentadora across the street from the main Avis rental area. Don't go there - had a hassle with the return - the guy wanted to charge us for a scratch that was already there - $20 cash. Not a huge deal - but it was the principal of it - my husband purposely pointed it out & the guy didn't circle it on the form. There were some locals nearby & saw what was going on so they told us to go get a policeman & they would straighten it out. We did - & they did. The policeman said that if it wasn't our writing that circled previous damage then we shouldn't have to pay it. Last year we rented from a place up the street from the LaCeiba & didn't have any problems at all - in fact my husband was scuba diving when it needed to be returned & I just walked over to their office & they came & looked it over & moved it back to their own lot for me.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from Cozumel

Can anyone enlighten me further on Dzul Ha? Where is it? What is it? Staying at Reef Club and renting a car for a day to travel the island. Should we incorporate a snorkel trip with that or take a separate trip to Dzul Ha? We were thinking of going to Chanakaab Park (we have two kids 11 and 7 who can snorkel and have great gear). I'm wondering if anyone can compare them or make a suggestion.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,445 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from Cozumel

HappyAlice, Dzul Ha is a beach club located about 1/2 mile north of the Fiesta Americanna hotel. I will move my large post about snorkeling to the front of the message board for you and other new posters to read.