We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adventure Park, Zip Line, and Snorkel - worth it?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Eagle, Idaho
11 posts
Save Topic
Adventure Park, Zip Line, and Snorkel - worth it?

Heading to Cozumel via Royal Caribbean cruise next week. My excursion is to try the Adventure Park with towers, zip lines, rapelling, etc. Then I think the snorkeling is right near the Adventure Park. I have never been to Cozumel before. Is this activity worth it? Is the snorkeling any good near the Adventure Park? Thanks.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,711 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adventure Park, Zip Line, and Snorkel - worth it?

Are you sure you have your information right. If there is an Adventure Park in Cozumel I have never heard of it.

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adventure Park, Zip Line, and Snorkel - worth it?

He's absolutly correct....

The place is just up from the El coz. I looked it over last time I was there, and didn't really see the point.

The place is so small,

If you are not looking for it, you will drive right by.

My opinion...stick to the diving...

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,711 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adventure Park, Zip Line, and Snorkel - worth it?

If it is that small then no wonder it hasn't been talked about much. How long are the Zip Lines?

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adventure Park, Zip Line, and Snorkel - worth it?

P.S.

I wouldn't book the zip line until you stop and check it out, then you will see what I mean.

The snorkling is good all along that strech.

Sorry about the last. (stick with the diving) I thought you were staying a a hotel..

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adventure Park, Zip Line, and Snorkel - worth it?

That's just it ..There are not very long at all. It looks like there use to be a hotel there at one time and they converted it over to a climbing park. As you're leaving the EL coz , its about 1/4 mile up on the right.

We saw the pamplets on it in our room....then we walked down to check it out. Not my type of thing. I thought it was going to be like the zip lines in Costa Rica where you go over the jungle. NOT.

chicago
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Adventure Park, Zip Line, and Snorkel - worth it?

This experience is super awesome! I just went last week...have fun!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Adventure Park, Zip Line, and Snorkel - worth it?

laadeedah,

Love the name. We are going to Coz in Nov. and staying at Coz Palace. Have you done any other ziplines to compare with/to? We have done one of the Altournative zip tours (Riviera Maya area)and it was one of the best things we have ever done while in Mexico! I wouldn't want to be disappointed. How many lines are there, and what is the location?

Brian's girl

London, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adventure Park, Zip Line, and Snorkel - worth it?

You can find more information and photos for the Cozumel Zipline Park here: http://thisiscozumel.com/content/view/763/43/

Cozumel has no rainforest, so it is not a canopy tour like you can do in Costa Rica and Guatemala, but the Park is still surrounded by jungle and you can see the Caribbean Sea from up there too.

Hope that helps

Ian

Louisiana
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adventure Park, Zip Line, and Snorkel - worth it?

No, the 70 paths to climb are on 2 towers. The zip line is only 50 feet from tower to tower. The snorkeling is nice, but very short and not worth 100.00 per person. RIP OFF!

Cozumel
Level Contributor
448 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Adventure Park, Zip Line, and Snorkel - worth it?

There are two ziplines in Cozumel. Fly High Adventures with 6 towers, an eco park with the animals, butterflies, etc. There is a trail to the Money Bar, so snorkeling is convenient.

http://www.cozumelflyhighadventures.com/

Club Cozumel Caribe could be considered more in line with an adventure park. They have a two climbing walls, a very short zipline, and a couple of sway bridges. There is snorkeling and a restuarant, too.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOPkospYYJo&NR=1

These are very different experiences. If the zipline is your focus, I suggest Fly High. You only climb on time to the first tower. I've taken many people there and they've all loved it.

CCC is more climbing and swinging, very little zipline. I think this is the one marketed as an adventure park.