We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia Cozumel-anything we HAVE to bring?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Leicester,NY
4 posts
Save Topic
Melia Cozumel-anything we HAVE to bring?

Hello,my husband and I are traveling to melia Cozumel in April and are making list of what not to forget-and I was wondering if anyone had any must haves that we should know about. Or any tips. This is actually our honeymoon and neither of us have ever been out of the US. Also any info on the Melia is appreciated.Thanks

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia Cozumel-anything we HAVE to bring?

Not a thing except sunscreen and you can buy it there but you'll pay more! Just take some extra ones to tip once in a while. It's not required but a dollar goes a long way in getting even better service!! Have fun, it's a great place to stay!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia Cozumel-anything we HAVE to bring?

Also, I've got a lot of photos from our stay there in November that I'll be happy to share if you'd like to see the on-line album! I've been to Coz many, many time (lost count) and it is my favorite place!! Please feel free to email me with any questions you might have!

Michigan
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melia Cozumel-anything we HAVE to bring?

I would bring some bug spray to deter sand fleas on the beach.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melia Cozumel-anything we HAVE to bring?

Tips for traveling

- Bugspray

- sunscreen

- chapstick with sunscreen

- Book

- Sunglasses

- underwater disposable camera if you dive or snorkel

- sweater for at night - sunburn can make you feel cold or restaurant A/C can be high.

- Insulated mug for your drinks at all inclusive

- Honeymoon tip... although we have been married 12 years. I like to bring a few small scented candles. You can get them in a tin or small glass container so they travel well. Makes for nice atmosphere and takes the musty smell out of the room from the humidity you have on the island.

- $50 in one dollar bills for tipping or for when others can't make change for you except in pesos. Also bring other cash in small bills 5's and 10's.

- pack your swim suit and a sundress or shorts in your carryon. Does not take up much space but if you luggage is lost or delayed you can still enjoy yourself.

- I also like to print a small conversion chart of the exchange rate so when you shop you know what you are paying for things. Makes life much easier after a margarita. Just stick it in your wallet.

Sample:

USPeso

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melia Cozumel-anything we HAVE to bring?

Guess the conversion chart did not transfer well from Excel. There is supposed to be some space between the collumns. You get the idea. One side is in dollars the other in pesos.

St. Paul
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Melia Cozumel-anything we HAVE to bring?

cozdiva,

We are traveling to the Melia on March 19th and would appreciate it if you could share your pic's

jfk
Michigan
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Melia Cozumel-anything we HAVE to bring?

I understand the Jr. Suites at Melia have mini fridges in them...do the deluxe or deluxe ocean view rooms have them too or only the suites? We are going mid April - 38 days to be exact and we can't wait!!

State College...
Level Contributor
215 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Melia Cozumel-anything we HAVE to bring?

The deluxe rooms have a mini-fridge. Haciendamargarita's list is pretty comprehensive....we just got back from the Melia, and I can't think of much else to tell you to bring. Oh, maybe some Pepto Bismol tablets, just in case! We were fine the whole week except one night when a couple of us got a little queasy after dinner--but two Pepto's and we were fine!

Tampa, Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Melia Cozumel-anything we HAVE to bring?

cozidva

we are traveling to the Melia (hopefully, still undecided) in May and would love to see some pictures. Thanks!

johniesgirl

you're going to have a wonderful time in cozumel, only been there once via cruise, spent 16 hours on the island and now we're flying back to really see Coz - best wishes to you both!

State College...
Level Contributor
215 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Melia Cozumel-anything we HAVE to bring?

For pictures, look at the reviews for the Melia Cozumel posted on this tripadvisor website....search for "Melia Cozumel" and it will come up. I just posted a review with five pictures, and someone else just posted a review with three more fantastic photos.