We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scooter Rental Rentador Cuarto y Quinto Poder

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Parkersburg, West...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Scooter Rental Rentador Cuarto y Quinto Poder

We took the ferry from Playa Del Carmen to Cozumel, Crossed the street and walked to the right or South I believe for a few blocks then took a left . Sort of stumbled on to this place. The scooter was $25.00 USD for the day and a $60 cash deposit or give them a credit card # to hold instead. WE had not brought a CC so we used cash. They advised us it would be $5 USD to fill up the scooter with them or we can fill up at one of the gas stations. They provide you with a map. We waited 30 minutes just to get a scooter after paying and there at least 8 staff running around setting up bikes and customers.

When we returned it was different person working the counter. He said we owed him $10 for filling up the scooter and he didn't have any change to take it from our deposit. Luckily another group who had checked in with us advised yes your staff told us all $5. We just wanted to go but he made it so difficult and wanted us to go make him change because he had no money just our deposit. It just felt very shady. It was minimal annoyances but just wanting to pass along our lessons to others vacationing.

I however strongly suggest doing a scooter ride around the island we were able to go see many cool bars and beaches and be outside while doing it!

31 replies to this topic
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
7,444 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: Scooter Rental Rentador Cuarto y Quinto Poder

Welcome to Coz. Always get it in writing. Just rented a car in Atlanta for 4 days. Glad I got the fuel option as apparently they didn't top off the tank before I got it. It happens everywhere.

Level Contributor
1 post
105 reviews
2. Re: Scooter Rental Rentador Cuarto y Quinto Poder

Visited 2-2015

Rented two mexican "ferraris" for $60 a piece cash only to find out they were complete garbage and unsafe. Brake, turn signals and lights not working along with the floors being unstable! No seatbelts, windows or working speedometers. No refunds or solutions offered! We chose to fill up our own gas instead of paying the shop $20 to do so and not only did we get scammed at the gas station where the pumps registered double and sometimes triple, the car place told us we didn't fill up and had to pay them again or they would call the police. The island was beautiful but never again would we use this crappy company. Completely took advantage of us and left us unsafe in these vehicles ( we even had kids along!!). DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!

Chile
1 post
1 review
3. Re: Scooter Rental Rentador Cuarto y Quinto Poder

Al tomar nuestro Ferry a Cozumel se nos vendió un servicio de rent a car de la empresa cuarto y quinto poder, un vehículo escarabajo, una vergüenza.

Al llegar a tomar el vehículo no contaba con cinturón de seguridad, retrovisores colgando y oxidados, sin intermitente, no se lograba dar vuelta la llave del vehículo, el embriague difícil de maniobrar, por ultimo no avanzamos ni media cuadra cuando nos bajamos del vehículo indignadas, porque no podíamos avanzar y freno el vehículo y me quedo con el freno de mano en la mano. Por cierto ya nos reíamos puesto que la situación ya no podía ser más caricaturesca...

La empresa no quiso devolver el dinero del arriendo pues nos querían dar otro vehículo de arriendo. Y para qué? para quedar botadas en cualquier parte de Cozumel, si perdimos confianza en el proveedor de servicio. Finalmente, después de reclamar exigiendo nuestros derechos, y no llegar a ningún consenso, tuvimos que ir a la policía y luego al juzgado. Finalmente nos devolvieron solo 280 pesos de los 580 que habíamos pagado. Perdimos nuestra tarde Cozumel...

Es una vergüenza que exista tan mala fiscalización de los rent a car en Cozumel siendo que el segmento mayoritario de los turistas es ABC1... Esta empresa debiese estar cerrada es un peligro público a parte de estafadores!!! Esto es solo un resumen de nuestra mala experiencia... En definitiva NO RECOMENDAMOS ESTA EMPRESA y ojalá más gente se sume a estos reclamos, hasta que la cierren... Lamentablemente solo vinimos a ver que habían muchos reclamos en diferentes foros de trip advisor hacia la empresa ahora que pasamos el mal rato, pero si nos unimos comentando vuestras malas experiencias quizás la unión hace la fuerza para que se cierre esta empresa de estafadores y ladrones...

Arlington WA
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Scooter Rental Rentador Cuarto y Quinto Poder

translation of Mariana's message:

To take our ferry to Cozumel we sold a rent a car service company fourth and fifth power, a beetle car, a shame.

Arriving to take the vehicle did not have seat belts, hanging mirrors and rusty, without blinking, you could not turn the ignition key, difficult to maneuver intoxicated, finally we not move even half a block when we got off the vehicle indignant because we could not move forward and brake the vehicle and stay with the handbrake on hand. By the way and we laughed because the situation could not be more cartoonish ...

The company refused to return the money because we wanted to rent another vehicle lease. And for what? to get you thrown away anywhere in Cozumel, if we lost confidence in the service provider. Finally, after claiming demanding our rights, and not reach any consensus, we had to go to the police and then to the court. Finally we returned only 280 of the 580 pesos that we paid. We lost our afternoon Cozumel ...

There is a bad control of rent a car in Cozumel remain the largest segment of tourists is ABC1 ... This enterprise must be closed shame is a public danger of scammers !!! This is only a summary of our bad experience ... definitely NOT RECOMMEND this company and hopefully more people will join these claims until the close ... Unfortunately only we came to see that there were many complaints in various forums trip advisor towards the company now we had a bad time, but if we unite commenting your bad experiences perhaps the union is strength for this company closes scammers and thieves ...

I'd say the moral to the story is to not trust any car/scooter rental that you don't know about.

Edited: 5:07 pm, May 31, 2015
Arlington WA
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Scooter Rental Rentador Cuarto y Quinto Poder

One word for anybody wanting to rent a vehicle on Cozumel: Isis. Margarita is the real deal.

cozumel
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
6. Re: Scooter Rental Rentador Cuarto y Quinto Poder

Okay.....I just can't help it.........second paragraph of Sam's translation-----""difficult to maneuver intoxicated".

Well shoot!----I HATE it when my car won't drive if I am intoxicated!

Hahhah.......Sam--fire your translation program----it actually says that the CLUTCH wouldn't work.......but I did need a good laugh this afternoon!

Arlington WA
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Scooter Rental Rentador Cuarto y Quinto Poder

betsy: the translation of tomar is 'take'. as in, 'he took the money'. had nothing to do with intoxication. but gracias for your input anyway.

1. (to grab)

a. to take

Tomó el dinero y se lo metió en el bolsillo. He took the money and put it into his pocket.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
30,436 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Scooter Rental Rentador Cuarto y Quinto Poder

Use a scooter if you wish but read the Top Question to the right on this topic.

Bottom line: I advise against it.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
9. Re: Scooter Rental Rentador Cuarto y Quinto Poder

Huh...well, then why is the word "intoxication" even in there then? I was amused too.

cozumel
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
10. Re: Scooter Rental Rentador Cuarto y Quinto Poder

Wow Sam, I am gonna bet that my spanish is just fine but thanks for the lesson..........and YOU posted this-----"""you could not turn the ignition key, difficult to maneuver intoxicated,""........as the translation. THAT is what I was laughing about........maybe go and read what you posted? Just sayin........

Reply to: Scooter Rental Rentador Cuarto y Quinto Poder
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cozumel