We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Margaritas?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland
4 posts
Save Topic
Best Margaritas?

Hello all,

Just wondering who has the best margaritas these days on the island (other than the ones we make ourselves)? Best prices?

Thanks!!!

CBG

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Margaritas?

If you go to the east side don't miss the margaritas at Mezcalitos. Big margaritas made with that nasty mix aren't any good. Oddly enough Margaritaville has bad 'ritas' and Fat Tuesdays are awful too. Wet Wendy's seem to be popular but I don't go for all those odd flavors and also don't drink frozen ones...plus they're very pricey.

Millersburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
446 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Margaritas?

I don't drink but my husband's favorite has to be at Coconuts. The view probably helps, too. We did a Margarita taste testing around the island last time we were there and I was the recording secretary as they rated them on taste and alcohol content. I didn't do too good of job recording as the week wore on and can't remember where I put my notes. Lol

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,078 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Margaritas?

I agree with you, froglegs. I rarely drink them but when I do, I don´t want a frozen one. Also, can´t afford the prices at Wet Wendy´s either.

One funny thing is my best friend, who is an island tour guide, often asks me who has good Margaritas because his customers ask him. He doesn´t drink them and few Mexicans I know , drink them. I am no expert, but tell him what little I do know about the Margaritas.

Edited: 10:54 pm, April 28, 2014
Cleveland
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Margaritas?

Thanks! Yes, on the rocks is definitely preferable, with some Controy on top. Thanks for the tip on Mezcalitos

CBG

Kent Island...
Level Contributor
478 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Margaritas?

The margaritas at Blue Angel are very very good. 2x1 at happy hour with a great view. They also on have inexpensive appetizers.

Rockford, Michigan
Level Contributor
191 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Margaritas?

Pancho's Backyard has great margaritas on the rocks!

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
797 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Margaritas?

My vote for the best Margaritas on Cozumel goes to Wet Wendy`s. They might appear to be expensive but they are HUGE and there is a lot of booze in one of their Margaritas. Yes, I have had cheaper Margaritas but they were much smaller and tasted way too bitter.

Oh, and the staff at Wet Wendy`s are always nice.

Edited: 12:36 am, April 29, 2014
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,624 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Margaritas?

I usually drink a beer when at Wet Wendy's, but for sheer experience, WW's and their sister place, The Thirsty Cougar can't be beat with their giant frozen Margaritas. Thye always put a smile on the customer's face.

As David mentioned, the staff is awesome and make you feel like you are in a "Cheers" TV shaw as they are very friendly and quick to serve.

They also consistently have live music 4-5 nights of the week that ranges from Cuban/Salsa/Jazz/Rock.

Arlington WA
Level Contributor
3,443 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Margaritas?

I second Mezcalito's and Pancho's Backyard for great Margaritas on the rocks. 2 dias!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Margaritas?

Wet Wendys' and Thirsty Cougar's margaritas are huge, innovative and tasty. Coconuts' margaritas are some of the strongest on the island. We have had a few others around the island and none of them have really stood out.