We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying a camera?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glens Falls, New...
Level Contributor
183 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
buying a camera?

So my camera battery is dead and I forgot my charger. We still have 5 days left of our vacation so I want to take a lot of pictures... any idea where I could buy another charger or a cheap camera while I am here ?

Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
2,544 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buying a camera?

I would say Mega would be your best bet for selection.

Electronics is to the left after you enter the store.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buying a camera?

Fujifilm on Av. 30 at Calle 1 Sur -- in the Burger King/Banamex shopping plaza or maybe Sam's Club if you have access to a membership card..

If pulbicized, you may be able to borrow a compatible charger for your camera battery...

Edited: 8:36 am, March 13, 2014
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buying a camera?

Are you sure your camera won't use standard batteries? Ours will take either recharables or standard.

Try phoning Tati Biermas.....the lady who does "Cozumel PhotoTours". She knows everything about all cameras. Great possibility that she would have a charger or know where you can borrow one. If not, she will absolutely know where you can get the best deal on a new purchase.

Tati's Cozumel phone:

(044) 987-103-8012

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150809-d1…

Glens Falls, New...
Level Contributor
183 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buying a camera?

Thanks everyone. I took Tati's tour before my camera died (she was awesome by the way) so I will reach out to her !

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: buying a camera?

It may sound strange but the OXXO on 30th next to the gas station has a decent selection of universal chargers. I've been in your situation myself and had to look all over, and this place had some good options. It's close to the Fujifilm shop mentioned by DS2, which is also a possibility.

6. Re: buying a camera?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:28 am, March 15, 2015