We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WE need a U.S> Consulate in-- cozumel!!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
mpls
Level Contributor
71 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
WE need a U.S> Consulate in-- cozumel!!!

have visited since 1978 and this time had a theft of all my id credit passport etc. It was difficult learning i had to go to Merida in another state to get a new passport! i was told the Us consulate on the island was ..'sick'. this is unacceptable!! and the country that requires my ID needs to provide a way to retrieve that , I had my bag stolen from me in a local van! while... it was on my back! never again will this occur as in other places i keep it secure on my neck close to the flesh. I learned you need to offer a reward on the TV and radio to even have a chance of return. i was treated poorly at radio Sol and shamed.. for the man not speaking english even though-- i spoke spanish!! lucky i had friends on the island who greatly assisted me or as a solo travelor would have been lost. Lucky i had a small amount of cash -ON my Body- or it truly would have been hell. Cozumel-please open your office or have a venue for similar travelors like me. this was written to inform not to complain. i love this island but the days of innocence are ended. i will return . does anyone know how to complain to the government? many islanders were not happy as well! thanks

Mn.
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: WE need a U.S> Consulate in-- cozumel!!!

I am glad you finally got things figured out. I met you in the square one night after it happened. I was the fat guy from Mn. We talked for a .few minutes .You changed how I went about my business after that.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
222 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: WE need a U.S> Consulate in-- cozumel!!!

As we all should!!