We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Cozumel or Park Royal?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Cozumel or Park Royal?

Hi all, wondering if snyone has any insight in which hotel is best? We are not divers. Just want a relaxing vacation, good food, pool and beach. Thanks so much.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,172 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Cozumel or Park Royal?

We stayed at Park Royal and its nice for all those things. Beach is rather smallish but adequate.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150809-d219149…

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
585 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Cozumel or Park Royal?

Park Royal will beat HC in all areas. Food is better and more choices and 2 reservation restaurants (steak in the mexican one is pretty good). 3 pools, 2 ocean side, multiple bars, the beach has real *soft* sand and a nice entry to the ocean (not a ladder or mountain climbing rocks like at HC lol).

It is just an all round better hotel. I would say it is like a Motel 6 (Hotel Coz) vs a Hampton Inn (PR).

Been to the PR 10+ times over the last 17 years and we will be back in 2014.

Monument, Colorado
Level Contributor
785 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Cozumel or Park Royal?

Hotel Cozumel is likely cheaper. For sure it is a better location if you want to stroll into town and it doesn't have a view of cruiseships all day. It also has a new "cove" for entering and exiting the ocean that is also nice for just standing around in the water with a drink. Last february when I was there they could have used some new beach chairs, but that was about our only complaint. Food was average for Lunch and dinner. Rooms clean. Staff friendly. We have always felt it is a good bargain.

Monument, Colorado
Level Contributor
785 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Cozumel or Park Royal?

Double post

Edited: 9:44 am, November 05, 2013
Ontario
Level Contributor
5,114 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Cozumel or Park Royal?

We're going to try out the Hotel Cozumel on a day pass this time around, methinks. I'm really interested to see what it's like. FYI, day passes are $30/teens and adults and are good from 11 am-6 pm. No reservations required, unless you're a group of 15 or more.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,048 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Cozumel or Park Royal?

I have never stayed at Park Royal but have stayed at Hotel Cozumel a few times. Lets start with the food, other than breakfast and some snacks we found it barely edible. This is offset by the location for us, easy 15-20 minute walk into town for good food, Park Royal you have to cab to town for most restaurants. The pool is the largest on the island so you never feel crowded no matter how busy it is. As others have said neither have a real beach, but Park Royal is in a very busy area, while Hotel Cozumel is a lot quieter. I would imagine there is a pretty good size price difference so, if you want to only eat and drink at the hotel stay at Park Royal, if you only eat breakfast and a snack at the hotel go with Hotel Cozumel.

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Cozumel or Park Royal?

I stay at hotel cozumel and really like it. That being said if you are not a diver you may find the resot boring.I go to town usuallly every night and eat dinner. I like the food though, i just love going to town. If you really just want to relax with not many acitivites and things i read about at other hotels, this is the place For the price it is great for me Great people , price and service.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Cozumel or Park Royal?

The beach at PR is small, but pretty nice. Decent snorkeling. Food is pretty solid - lots of choices and they will make you other things if you ask the waiter at the buffet. Excellent activities staff, decent shows, etc.

It is near the cruise terminal, but well designed so you don't notice the crowds along the street at all.

If you are looking to mostly stay at the resort, PR will definitely have a more 'resorty' feel with activites, people etc. If you want to entertain yourself by leaving into town or exploring the island, HC might be a better choice - save some money and eat more in town (which I highly recommend no matter where you stay).

9. Re: Hotel Cozumel or Park Royal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, November 07, 2014