We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

After Cozumel Bar Hop-Eat-Headed to Sabor

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
After Cozumel Bar Hop-Eat-Headed to Sabor

Looking for a great place to stop and eat after the Bar Hop on our way back to Sunscape Sabor, we will be dropped off at Carlo's and Charlies-Prefer authentic mexican and/or seafood. Moderate Pricing preferred.

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: After Cozumel Bar Hop-Eat-Headed to Sabor

I can never resist eating at Rastas (the last stop on the barhop). The coconut shrimp is fantastic! and sitting at a table in the sand looking at the beautiful view is awesome. I know it might be a bit early but even if you split an order it is worth it.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: After Cozumel Bar Hop-Eat-Headed to Sabor

Authentic is debatable. I'd suggest walking to the restaurant on top of the museo or Casa Denis...or cab a bit south to Blue Angel. Or ask a taxi (in town) to take you to Pescaderia San Carlos for great seafood...but they might be closed by then...don't know your return time. Or taxi to El Coctelito (in town) for very good seafood. All these places are affordable with Blue Angel being higher than the others...but you might catch a pretty sunset there and hear Abraham playing his guitar (if he's there).

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,492 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: After Cozumel Bar Hop-Eat-Headed to Sabor

These are repeats:

*El museo (nice, fresh fish, good view of the traffic going by)

*Casa Denis (HUGE portions!!!)

*La Candela (they may be closed, depending on your timing)

*El Camello, if you want gyros mexicanos LOL

*Some little hole in the wall on the square...mmm...I'd have to go through my photos to try and figure out the name. Sort of kitty corner to Mosaicoz, there are two restaurants, side by each. It's the one furthest from Mosiacoz (which was also a good place to eat). The queso fundido was soooo good (I'm on a high-fat diet in Cozumel, can you tell?). The restaurant next to it might be good too, but we only had drinks there one night, so can't say for sure. We had a great server, though. Very friendly. He was Capt. Overshare

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,492 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: After Cozumel Bar Hop-Eat-Headed to Sabor

Cocina Dorada de Villa is the one where we had drinks. Didn't get a picture of the one where we had the queso fundido. Lots of pictures of the guy in tight pants who serenaded me for Mother's Day, but none of the restaurant itself.

5. Re: After Cozumel Bar Hop-Eat-Headed to Sabor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 02, 2014