We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Coz or Casa Mexicana?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gilford, New...
Level Contributor
170 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Coz or Casa Mexicana?

Got great airfare but not sure if I want to stick with Casa Mexicana or stay at Hotel Coz & Resort. We usually stay at Cantamar Condos. Hotel Coz is cheaper and AI. We would probably just have breakfast, snacks and drinks there as we like eating in town. Can't recall how far it is from town. We will mostly be diving, exploring etc. thanks!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Coz or Casa Mexicana?

IF you book Hotel Coz through their web site you can get it with breakfast included & without the full AI package. However many web based sites sell it as either AI or no meals included. I recommend checking prices for AI vs Breakfast included so you can see which is the better option. As for walking into town, very do able since it's only another 3 blocks further than the Palace is. Also note that the hotel pier allows all dive ops access for pick ups / drop offs.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,021 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Coz or Casa Mexicana?

This will help

http://www.cancunmap.com/cozumel-hotels.html

Of the two, I am not sure which I would pick. Casa Mexicana may have lots of music noise around and the doors at Hotel Cozumel when I stayed there were heard every time they closed.

I would blow off both and go to Hacienda San Miguel.

Edited: 12:44 pm, October 11, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Coz or Casa Mexicana?

Very easy walk and for a longer stay I would do Hotel Coz. Casa Mexicana is nice and in a great location, but if you like a pool its not great for that. We have stayed at both and would again as well.

Edited: 1:27 pm, October 11, 2013
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,078 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Coz or Casa Mexicana?

Both are good , in my opinion. Most friends have used Casa Mexicana recently and no problems with noise from nearby music. You really can't beat the location. But really you won't go wrong with either hotel.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Coz or Casa Mexicana?

I like both of these. The breakfast buffet at Casa is better IMHO, but both are decent. Location is fabulous at Casa. the only real advantage for Hotel Coz that I can think of is the property itself. The large pool is nice with a huge area surrounding it for just hanging out in lounge chairs. It also has a lovely beach club where the pier is located for divers. You can really spend time and relax on the resort if that interests you. It also has lockers and a rinse area for your dive gear if your dive op doesn't handle that. Casa has a nice lobby/bar area with a tiny pool, but I can't say I've ever been enticed to just hang out there.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
377 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Coz or Casa Mexicana?

If you're interested in lounging at the beach when you're not diving, or snorkeling and shore diving, Hotel Coz is a better choice. Breakfast is good, lunch at the pool bar is good (they'll make tacos/fajitas fresh for you) and if you drink, the AI is worth it. The shore dive out front is decent, and the snorkeling is good. It's a 15 minute walk to town from Hotel Coz, and you're a little closer to the Caleta if you're leaving from there for diving. If Hotel Coz is cheaper it would be a no brainer for me. Casa Mexicana is nice, but lacks a lot of the facilities of HC.

7. Re: Hotel Coz or Casa Mexicana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 13, 2014