We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flats fishing

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cincinnati
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
flats fishing

Guys,(and Gals)

I asked this before and never really got a response so here goes again. I will be on the island 1st week of October and looking for a guide for some flats fishing. I did get one name and he did reply but not real crazy about payment methods. I am diving with Dive Paradise at hotel cozumel and they said check with them when I get there but I would like something more concrete. So if anybody has a name and means of contact it would be greatly appreciated -this is coming up fast !

jeff

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flats fishing

There's a blurb on Cozumel My Cozumel about guy who does flats fishing tours. His name is Carlos Vega. I guess most folks don't flats fish on the island. Or if they do...they don't report their trips on TA. Hope you find a person to take you and that you catch lots of fish. You also might use the search box above. There's a bit of past discussion.

cincinnati
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: flats fishing

thats the guy I contacted - basically its a wire the downpayment and cash for the remaining- don't really want to carry an addtionial $400 in cash on vacation and deal with the wire transaction. Was hoping someone knew of an scuba/snorkel shop that did this as well that could handle a visa transaction. Maybe save that for Cancun next year

Edited: 4:49 pm, September 18, 2013
Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flats fishing

You might contact Adrain (he's on FB) and I bet he can steer you to somebody. He owns the Harley rental and co-owns 2 restaurants and was born and raised on the island. He knows everybody and is very honest and friendly.

cincinnati
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: flats fishing

Thanks froglegs!

Got a last name for Adrian? and where is Del Rio? I go to Texas 2-3 times a year- got family in Dallas and Corpus

jeff

Cozumel
Level Contributor
113 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flats fishing

Cozumelfishing.net They can take care of you easily.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,409 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flats fishing

I know nothing about it but you might want to try contacting the people at this site to see what they can offer:

http://tinyurl.com/mztpvfc

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flats fishing

Try Adriancozumel.com or you can just Google adrian cozumel and his FB page comes up. He is on FB alot. Del Rio is on the U.S./ Mexican border 3 hours west from San Antonio. My sister lives in Kettering, OH.

Tennessee Ridge...
Level Contributor
290 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flats fishing

Try Alex . I had schedule with him last May but wx closed the port so didn't get to go. Very easy to work with and answered emails. Some of the companies will schedule your fishing trip and later assign you a guide. I personally like the idea of the person Im booking with is the one who will do the guiding

Here is his web site:

http://www.cozumel.net/fun/fly-fishing/

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,409 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flats fishing

Never met Alex but have heard good things about him. I do like booking with the person who will be the guide. Some on the island will book you for anything to earn a peso or two although they have nothing to do with the actual business. I do try to avoid those people.

Good luck. I am sure you will find what you want.

Arvada Co
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: flats fishing

I have fished with Alejandro Euan back in 2010 and he was as good as any of the guides that I have fished with. I have fished the lagoons of Cozumel 4 times previously and the main purpose of the guide is to get you back into the lagoon where the fish are and usually you wade from there. Alex was good at spotting fish and knows the area well. His email is alexe17@prodigy.net.mx. I hope he is still available as I plan on using him in November. Tight lines