We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Make the most of a short trip/diving

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Make the most of a short trip/diving

I will be staying at the Fiesta Americana dive resort 7/16---7/20. My daughter(22) and I want to do a one day trip(activity) with me diving the rest of the time.Any suggestions on where to spend one day and also where are the best dive companies near this hotel. What are avg costs for each. Thanks for any and all help, this needs to be a special week for us both.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Make the most of a short trip/diving

Since you did not give an idea of what you want to do (skydiving or shopping), look at this link and indicate which ones appeal to you:

http://tinyurl.com/dty2g

You also have many activities on the mainland (Tulum, Xel-ha, Xcaret) and another site that has some interesting tours is www.alltournative.com

Dive options are also very wide open for you. I believe that the in-house dive shop is Dive House (www.divehouse.com) but I have never used them. Many dive shops can pick you up at your hotel assuming that their pier is operational. Do you want long dives; a beach surface interval, smaller/faster boats; lots of people? Do you want to get back by noonish to do things with your daughter?

Depending upon your diving preferences, you almost cannot pick a bad dive op. If this is your first time diving in Cozumel every dive should be good.

My suggestion to make the trip special: Get out and do things