We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel Palace v. Playacar Palace

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Detroit, MI
Level Contributor
395 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Cozumel Palace v. Playacar Palace

Trying to decide between the two for a trip this Feb. I am concerned about noise at Cozumel Palace since it is so compact. One of my pet peeves is loud pool music that you can hear in your room. Is that a concern. It appears all rooms would overlook the pool whereas at Playacar it looks like some rooms overlook the beach area and not the pool. Sorry to be so picky but I am a light sleeper and like to sleep in on vacations ( I do use earplugs and even that does'nt always do the trick) Thanks for any input.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
64 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel Palace v. Playacar Palace

Havent stayed at Playacar so cant say on that but have stayed at Cozumel, I will say that when our sliding door was closed you could not hear a thing, theywere still doing some construction below our room and we did not hear a thing, but .........the hallways were loud. I really think they need to invest in some thicker doors.

they only other thing to take into consideration is that it is much better snorkeling at CP. more just swimming at Playacar. I injoyed my stay at CP and the hall noise was my only complaint.

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel Palace v. Playacar Palace

We spent 2 weeks at the Playacar Palace in February. The music at the pool area is not loud at all. What you do hear is the waves. However, that will only help you sleep better. Also, they did not even start the music till late in the morning. I think you will have a great stay at either resort.

oklahoma
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel Palace v. Playacar Palace

The Cozumel Palace was loud in the mornings I think it started getting loud around 9am in the hallways. The pool was not loud, we never heard the music from our room unless we had the patio doors open. It was really nice there. I had a hard time deciding between the two resorts myself. We had already been to playa del carmen so we went for Cozumel. We were very happy with it. And I would still stay there again even with the loud hallways. Mainly it was just others people closing their doors and footsteps that we heard. Hope this helps you decide.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel Palace v. Playacar Palace

zaraforty: we spent a week in Cozumel Palace in May 2006. I don't recall the noice from the pool being a problem. I took a nap a couple of times in the afternoons and the hall noice wasn't a problem either.

The only time I heard hall noices was in the mid-morning when people are getting up and going about their business.

Northwest Ohio
Level Contributor
2,428 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel Palace v. Playacar Palace

The major differences are: no beach at Cozumel Palace, but snorkeling. Playacar has a small beach and in a short walk a really large beach. Both have shopping, but I think Playa is the nicer of the two.

Both are fairly small hotels for the area with great food. The biggest difference is one is on an island and you will have to deal with the ferry system coming and going.

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cozumel Palace v. Playacar Palace

Cozumel has an international airport. You can fly direct from many American cities.