We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paddleboarding is a blast!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
76 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Paddleboarding is a blast!

If you get the chance to SUP (stand up paddleboard) while your on the island please do!

This is one of my favorite ways to be on the water. I am not a diver, love to snorkel, but most fun to me is the relaxing time on a board. The water is so crystal clear and to glide over fish and see the sights of town from the perspective of the water is really neat.

You can arrange for lessons one morning from Raul of De Lille Sports and he'll have you on the water in no time. I think if you look they have a Facebook page.

I like that if I don't feel like standing and paddling I can kneel or sit and still enjoy my time. Secretly, I love the sunsets while sitting on a board and holding a cold "beverage".

I know there are other options out there for paddleboarding but I feel more comfortable sharing the info I know first hand.

However you do it please give it a try cause I know you'll love it.

oz
Level Contributor
4,451 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paddleboarding is a blast!

This looks really fun , does the water have to be really calm and flat or are the boards pretty balanced?

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paddleboarding is a blast!

Where can you rent paddleboards on the island?

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
816 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paddleboarding is a blast!

Sounds like fun! The reviews for De Lille Sports are outstanding. What is the cost for a paddleboarding lesson and where do they take place?

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paddleboarding is a blast!

http://www.delillesports.com/eng/

I've also seen them at Coral Princess and Paradise Beach but they don't have lessons like Raul..send him an email.

Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
2,704 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paddleboarding is a blast!

I first tried paddleboarding last year at Money Bar.

It was much more pleasant than waterboarding, just for the record.

I thought I was going to get a lesson, but after I stood up and looked behind me the "instructor" was nowhere to be found (LOL). It was easy for me.

Now, I do have surfer blood flowing through my veins but even if you don't it is a relatively easy thing to learn. A day where the water is smoother will make for an easier and faster learning experience.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
816 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paddleboarding is a blast!

Thanks for the input Mal Perro. Your first-hand experience is very much appreciated!

I think I am going to give it a try in October.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paddleboarding is a blast!

I've been told that MB doesn't have paddleboards any more....as of Dec. 2012. It's hearsay.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paddleboarding is a blast!

There's also a place just south of Love Cafe. I think it's SUP Cozumel. They have a facebook page. I tried paddleboarding there for the first time - it was a great experience being in the beautiful water.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
76 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paddleboarding is a blast!

You will need to message Raul on the FB page about cost. He is very informative and patient and will spend the time seeing you are comfortable.

I love the calm water in the morning and early evening. There are plenty of days when we have paddled with slight waves and it is fun! We have put boards in at Blue Angel and Palipita by Papa Hogs. If you have the transportation it is really nice to go to PAlancar Beach and paddle south. Beautiful! I have also put a board in north end of town by Love cafe. That is where you can rent a board and I think it runs around $20 US for an hour or so.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,843 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paddleboarding is a blast!

Raul is a great instructor. I have taken several kite board classes with him.

For just rentals there is one place south of Love Cafe and one just north of Love Cafe. I can't speak to the quality of those boards. The kite boards with Raul were top of the line.