We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Minute Tips

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Harrison, Maine
Level Contributor
202 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Last Minute Tips

I will be in Cozumel a week from today (6/24) and I am looking for any information on must brings. Tell me what you brought with you that made your trip better and things that you forgot that you wish you had brought. I can't wait to get out of Maine!!!

BJL
Ormond Beach, FL
Level Contributor
466 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Last Minute Tips

This might seem silly to some, but we're always happy we packed a small 2-cup water heater & tea bags for making tea in the morning (don't forget small plastic cups). We tend to get up earlier than the kitchen starts serving and having a cup of tea on the waterfront while watching the hotel come alive is priceless. ::sigh:: I wish I were there right now :-)

But as many have said, the best thing to remember to take along is a great attitude - you're not in (_____) anymore - enjoy that fact and roll with the flow. Anything else you might have forgotten to bring you can buy somewhere on the island.

Oh, and speaking of being able to buy things, the last time we were there (sadly, 8 years ago), there was a large brand new grocery store just south of town. It was an experience just to walk through and check out the produce department (totally unidentifiable stuff) and the fish department (whole sharks on ice). They carried everything from baby food to tires :-)

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,635 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Last Minute Tips

BJL is speaking of Chedraui. My favorite glasses to drink Classic Coke were purchased there a year or two ago.

BJL
Ormond Beach, FL
Level Contributor
466 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Last Minute Tips

We just called it the "Superette" ha ha I'll look forward to checking it out again to stock my mini fridge with Tecate in a few weeks.

Harrison, Maine
Level Contributor
202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Last Minute Tips

Now that sound like something to experience! The largest thing I have ever seen on ice in the grocery store was a salmon! Can't imagine a whole shark. My 13 year old son collects Coke stuff, I wonder if they still have the glasses? That would make a nice gift.

We leave for Boston tomorrow. I have so much to do. My house is a wreck, there are suit cases every where, things to pack stacked on the island in the kitchen and all over the kitchen table.

But I guess that is part of the fun of traveling!!

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Last Minute Tips

Someone once told me that $2 bills are a great way to tip because folks will remember you. Aside from the obvious downside of tipping twice as much (or half as frequently), will people in Cozumel "accept" 2 dollar bills (I mean know that they are real money, etc)?

South Windsor, CT
2 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Last Minute Tips

Hi, my husband and I are planning a vacation in August to the Melia and we were wondering if you can rent fins at the hotel, or would it be better to go into town to a shop and rent them. If going into town is the better way does anyone have any suggestions on which shop to go to? We were in Cozumel about 6 years ago and had a so so experience, however we stayed at a privately owned condo so that may have been part of the problem. This time we decided to go the way of a hotel. Since we have already done all the 'tousirty' stuff this time we just want to relax and recharge so most of our time we do plan on staying on the grounds.

Thanks!

Sevierville...
Level Contributor
58 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Last Minute Tips

dodgyade

Yes it would be great to ask you questions, do you have an email address?

Peri

perichad@msn.com

28. Re: Last Minute Tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, August 12, 2009