We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel in May

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
usa
Level Contributor
346 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Cozumel in May

We typically go to COZ in Feb. to dive but the weather is questionable. Does anyone have any insight about the weather and tourist numbers, prices, etc. in May?

Round Rock, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel in May

My wife and I have been going the first week of May for the last eight years. The weather at this time is perfect for us. Low 70's in the morning, upper 80's to low 90's in the afternoons. I honestly don't remeber it raining more than once or twice in the last eight years. Tourist numbers are lower as it is the start of the slow season. We typically book six to eight weeks out and find the prices to be better than most other times of the year. We were there for eight nights in May for $1800. We are considering a quick second trip and can't find four days for under $2000 now.

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel in May

It's one of my favorite months, not to hot or rainy and the crowds are low.

Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
2,547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel in May

May is our favorite month for Cozumel. Just. Perfect.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel in May

I love it in May. Good weather, usually just a quick shower to cool you off.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,569 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel in May

Same here. May is our favorite time. The ocean water has warmed up and the weather is still not too hot. We were there for 11 days this past May and it rained twice. Both times it rained was late at night.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cozumel in May

Another vote on May being the best month.... I mean it is terrible go in June. All kidding aside, we have been there at the end of April and in May 6 times and the weather is almost always great. Prices are fantastic and unlike the slow season in the fall, most every business is still open.

ft worth, tx
Level Contributor
432 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cozumel in May

We love May, and go that time of every year. Just booked for May 2014

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cozumel in May

Huh. February is definitely one of my favorite times to go. I don't see what's questionable about the weather.

May can be pretty nice, I agree.

Gilford, New...
Level Contributor
170 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cozumel in May

We like May and September. May isn't as hot and it seemed like more was open. You really can't go wrong, I would go any month!

Houston
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cozumel in May

Check out the Playa Azul Hotel site for their four and seven-day web specials. You'll be pleasantly surprised.