We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Less Pay Car Rental Company - Cozumel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
1 post
87 reviews
Save Topic
Less Pay Car Rental Company - Cozumel

I will have to say that my experience with this company was very good. I emailed them about two weeks out and received a reply a few days later confirming our rental and some instructions. When we arrived at port, we hailed a taxi, paid $8 bucks and they took us to the Barracuda hotel where the business is located. We were in and out about 15 mins. They gave us maps and answered every question we had. The Jeep was a manual which I expected and had something like 126,000 miles on it or so. The floorboards had some holes in it which I not only expected, but loved. It just made the experience that much more authentic. It drove very well and we had absolutely no issues whatsoever. We returned a little early and asked for some more information which was easily given along with some advice about parking and whatnot. It seemed to me like the owner would do whatever was necessary to help a client out. We had a very good experience and I don't understand why others have had a difficult time. I am curious if there are more recent people who have used Less Pay. I would easily use them again when we go back

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,467 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Less Pay Car Rental Company - Cozumel

We use them all the time with no problems. The owner is a bit...different...but they're always professional, in a laid-back kind of way.

Dillon, Colorado
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Less Pay Car Rental Company - Cozumel

John don't pay for post on TA like other rental cos and Bars

cozumel
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Less Pay Car Rental Company - Cozumel

Staying in business for over twenty years means they have had many satisfied customers. They may not be for everyone, but many wouldn't rent from anyone else.

Tennessee Ridge...
Level Contributor
297 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Less Pay Car Rental Company - Cozumel

I just got from renting from John for 18 days. A great experience. Review will follow

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
548 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Less Pay Car Rental Company - Cozumel

We've rented from John for several years with extreme satisfaction. We have our own car now, but kinda miss the vintage vehicles we used to get from Less Pay.

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Less Pay Car Rental Company - Cozumel

Yep High altitude i get everything for free just for posting good reviews- get real - go back under your rock-

Edited: 9:20 am, May 20, 2013
7. Re: Less Pay Car Rental Company - Cozumel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, May 22, 2014