We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunscape Sabor resort visitors

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chippewa Falls...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Sunscape Sabor resort visitors

I have been watching reviews for Sabor and they have not been the best for quite some time. Recently the reviews have started to improve. If you look at the 2 newest reviews, they are almost opposites! Sometimes I wonder if they have been at the same resort? I know some people want to pay for a 3* resort and then complain when their experience is not 5* resort, but what are your thoughts on the tremendous differences?

Chico, California
Level Contributor
70 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunscape Sabor resort visitors

We will be there tomorrow for a week stay and I will let you know. We booked this resort because we got a great deal (saved over $600, we usually stay at iberostar). The savings almost pays for our 6 days of scuba diving with Dive with Martin. I don’t expect it to be 4 or 5 stars. What I do expect is that it be clean and that the food is edible. The smell thing was worrying me some, but we will see.

I think some of the problem is that they go down and are expecting way too much.

With that being said, I took every precaution I could. I’ve emailed the resort many times and Justine has been wonderful about getting back to me and telling me NOT to worry. I’ve “liked” Sunscape Sabor on

Face Book and talked to many people who have had a good time.

We will be there tomorrow and I will let you know what we think.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunscape Sabor resort visitors

After looking at the most recent reviewer's profile and reviews it might be that they had never been to Mexico or Cozumel. Some people expect too much and others are able to look past all kinds of problems that many cannot. Depends on how picky you are no? Low season=some restaurants & pools might be closed etc. I would note that the food/drink issue or nonissue seems to be the biggest complaint at AI's. I don't know why people want to stay at them.

I never stay at large resorts and try to avoid AI's and have never been dissapointed w/ our hotels on the island. I don't think the most recent poster would have just made up the black mold and sewer smell. Evidently SOME of the rooms have it and some don't. I'm allergic to mold. Sewer smell gross. I also like a quiet place.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunscape Sabor resort visitors

Froggie I agree with everything you said except the AI part. We ALWAYS stay at AIs, wouldnt have it any other way. Even though we arent big drinkers, or eaters, we like the feeling of just being able to go, anytime, and get a drink, or get some food, without worrying about carrying money around. The resort probably makes money on us. Yeah I know we are missing out on a lot of the better cuisine, but it suits us. We also go out a few nights, each trip, so we do experience the local dishes/drinks. We arent picky eaters, or drinkers. You're absolutely correct, one has to learn to adapt, and make the best of things. Or have a rotten vacation, always complaining or searching for "that perfect" experience, which is seldom there. Ive been to several 5 stars, but only one, IMO, was truly a 5 star, and thats OK. Yep, it is what you make it!

Texas
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunscape Sabor resort visitors

Sure, and we are doing the AI option at Casa Del Mar this summer. For $39. more per day you can't beat it. The food is good and we drink alot of Tecate and Dos Equis. We felt the same way the one time we did AI at Hotel Cozumel.

5. Re: Sunscape Sabor resort visitors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 19, 2014