We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All-inclusive for divers and non-divers

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Corpus Christi...
3 posts
Save Topic
All-inclusive for divers and non-divers

Our group is looking to go to Cozumel in September. We have 3 divers and 3 non-divers. I have always went to Cozumel as a diver so staying at an all inclusive was never anything I did... I just dove and snorkled to I feel exhausted into bed everyday.

Our group is a very social group. We like to drink, dance and socialize with everyone. This is a 50th birthday so we are all in the 45 - 50 year age range but act like a bunch of 25 year olds that just take longer to get up off the floor. lol.. The 3 divers will take a few boat dives but would like to stay someplace that there could be a few shore dives made also. Our non divers like to hang out at the pool, golf, shop and snorkle. One of our non-divers really needs a snorkle lesson so that would be great if the resort offered that also. We would like to keep our budget around 1500.00 per person including airfare from DFW. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
854 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All-inclusive for divers and non-divers

without question the Cozumel Palace IMHO.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All-inclusive for divers and non-divers

Playa Azul came to mind when you said 'golf'. The resorts on the island are quiet after 10 p.m. so it's great to be close to town which PA is...but it's much a farther boat ride for the divers to the reefs. PA has an AI option.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
854 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All-inclusive for divers and non-divers

there is dancing everynight untill 10 at the palace..many many people dancing to fun music under the stars..all ages..my experience was that it is very social at the palace ..much interaction..

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All-inclusive for divers and non-divers

I go every year for a week in sept. for labor day. It is slow season- which i love. I would stay close to town for the nightlife and activities in town. The palace, scuba club and my hotel i stay at is hotel coz- it is a cheaper AI- but close enought to town to go out to some great restaurants-10 days to go for me-

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
588 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All-inclusive for divers and non-divers

Palace for sure, Park Royal as a backup, its a 5 star vs 3.75/4 star difference.

Plus at the Palace, cant you use the resort credit towards golf?

6. Re: All-inclusive for divers and non-divers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:42 pm, September 18, 2013
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,249 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: All-inclusive for divers and non-divers

Iberostar is a great dive resort and the closest to some great reefs.

We snorkeled off of the dive boats (Columbia / Planacar)

Did a night snorkel as well

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All-inclusive for divers and non-divers

If the palace can work into your budget you won't regret it! Not only is it a great resort but the staff you will never forget!

9. Re: All-inclusive for divers and non-divers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 18, 2014