We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Cozumeleno

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Zeigler, Illinois
Level Contributor
51 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
El Cozumeleno

Can anyone tell me how the beach is at this hotel? It is calm, or are there waves? Also, is the lobby/bar area in the hotel open air or air conditioned. We are going in July and last year our hotel in Cancun was very hot at night trying to sit in the open air lobby and have a drink and listen to the entertainment.

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: El Cozumeleno

The picture of the El Coz that CO Pilot posted looks very familiar....kind of like the one under my screen name.

Broken Arrow...
Level Contributor
262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: El Cozumeleno

Hey billthediver it's that St Louis smell that attracts the flies. Contractor

Zeigler, Illinois
Level Contributor
51 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: El Cozumeleno

Does the hotel provide beach towels or do we need to pack our own?

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
568 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: El Cozumeleno

hey contractor, Maybe it's the cow dung on the people from Oklahoma's cowboy boots that attracts them.

Broken Arrow...
Level Contributor
262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: El Cozumeleno

That's why I leave them home when I go to Coz. Only sandals.

Hey when are you going back didn't see on any forums when you are going back, I thought you were going back this summer. Where are you going to stay this time? See ya later - Contractor

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: El Cozumeleno

When you check in you will be given a towel card. You give the towel person your card and when you turn your towel back in you will be given your card back. Beware, if you loose your card or towel it's a $25.00 fee.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
568 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: El Cozumeleno

Contractor, not sure when well go back, we usually go on short notice. work is starting to slow down, it might be sooner than later. We will be staying at the Coz for sure. Got 4 free nights coming.

North Texas
Level Contributor
56 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: El Cozumeleno

We will also be there July 10th. Do they have coffeemakers in the room? We will be diving in the morning and I need coffee before we go diving. If there are no coffeemakers in the room will there be coffee at the breakfast buffet before we go out to dive?

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
568 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: El Cozumeleno

coffee is available in the lobby at about 6am, them they move it out to the outside rest. enjoy an don't p in your wetsuit.

20. Re: El Cozumeleno

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, August 16, 2009