We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel ideas Cancun to Coz?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Kalispell
Level Contributor
408 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Travel ideas Cancun to Coz?

Now that I have to go from Cancun to Cozumel I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions regarding bus/van/shuttle. I went to the bus schedule (thanks CO pilot!) and the schedule sounds fine. 1) Is it hard hauling luggage around with you?

2) Do the buses usually run on time?

3) Do they fill up fast making you wait another hour for the next one?4) Finally, the price listed is "$80" which sounds crazy...do pesos and dollars both list with the "$" sign?

Michigan
Level Contributor
943 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel ideas Cancun to Coz?

It is not hard to haul the luggage. We had each to bags (dive suitcase and regular suitcase) and our backpacks. Most luggage has a top loop thing that I never knew what it was for but now I know you can strap the loop to the handle of your other suitcase and then roll them both right along like it is one big suitcase. Very simple.

Yes for the most part we found that the busses ran on time. We had a bit of a delay becasue there was a mess (we are gussing someone lost their cookies) in the bus we were suppose to take... a different one pulled up about 15 to 20 min later.... we just rested on the curb and started soaking up the sun. Hey its Mexico... you gotta relax and not let the small things bother you right?!?!?!?

That would be $8.00 US... 80 pesos.... The bus is a nice way to travel. The bus station is a few blocks from the ferry pier once you arrive in Playa del Carmen. It is all downhill to the ferry. If you do find your luggage cumbersome then there are bicycle porters that will take it for a tip... maybe 4 or 5 bucks. The bus we rode was not completely filled. Just dont waste time in the airport.... go out and go to the bus area and get your ticket... they will take your luggage load it in the bus and you wait to load up then.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,775 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel ideas Cancun to Coz?

TB covered your questions well. In the event you just miss a Riviera/ADO bus then you can take a shared van at about twice the cost of the bus. They may make multiple stops before you get close to the ferry. The last time I took a van I think it was a block or two due west of the ferry so I just walked downhill.

My opinion is that the worst part of the process is getting out of the terminal. Consider this a new experience to be savored. Carry water and maybe a snack with you. There are places to eat near the ferry.

Michigan
Level Contributor
943 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel ideas Cancun to Coz?

you can take a Taxi direct also. It's faster if you are trying to catch a certain time at the ferry and dont want to worry about stops along the way that could happen with a van.

On the way back to the airport the ferry and bus schedule did not work with our flight time so we told the taxi driver in Playa 40 bucks to the airport and he made a bit of a face shrugged and said sure. So, don't ask how much just tell them... if that price works for you.

4. Re: Travel ideas Cancun to Coz?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 15, 2009