We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best coconut shrimp

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
West Bend, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
175 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
best coconut shrimp

Was just wondering what restaurant has the best coconut shrimp that u have had while in Cozumel..only gonna try 1 or 2 places while there so we want rhe best..thanks

michigan
Level Contributor
500 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: best coconut shrimp

La Conchita deL Caribe wins hands down for us, never tasted anything so succulent and the mango sauce is really out of this world.

…photobucket.com/user/…

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
250 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: best coconut shrimp

As a fellow Westbender who was in Cozumel with a large group of Westbenders in February, the coconut shrimp at Casa Mission and La Mission were a favorite. Several in the group went back a second time to have them again. Enjoy!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
1,909 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: best coconut shrimp

Pay for the AI day at Mr Sanchos and then you can eat as much Coconut Shrimp as you want all day as you sip drinks with it

Declo, Idaho
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: best coconut shrimp

I just returned from 2 weeks on Coz and I love shrimp and coconut shrimp is my favorite. The best coconut shrimp that I had was at Tio Jose by the Lighthouse and a close second was at OHana which is a couple of blocks off of the Plaza. La Hech has an excellent bacon wrapped shrimp that is marinated in a margarita sauce.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
164 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: best coconut shrimp

Coconut Shrimp at La Mission, Fried and grilled shrimp from El Moro. Most anywhere on Coz has good shrimp! Have not had awful shrimp yet:)

Valrico, Florida
Level Contributor
64 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: best coconut shrimp

Love the coconut shrimp at Casa Mission. Best I've had anywhere. Do give the coconut breaded lionfish at La Perlita a try - amazing.

Chatham, Canada
Level Contributor
2,516 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: best coconut shrimp

Ok I have those restaurants all wrote down, how about Butter Garlic Mussels, there is nothing better than sitting at some beach bar with toes in the sand, a cold cervesa in one hand and some butter garlic mussels while watching the surf roll in...............anyplace for that?

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: best coconut shrimp

I've only seen mussels at Pepe's a long time ago. I don't think they are common on cozumel.

Edited: 6:45 pm, March 22, 2013
New York
Level Contributor
198 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: best coconut shrimp

Best coconut shrimp, in my opinion, is Casa Mission also!!!

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
373 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: best coconut shrimp

The BEST coconut shrimp IMO is at El Cochelito (and a full plate for only $11!)