We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tell us what to do....

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
houston
Level Contributor
126 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tell us what to do....

My mom, sister and I will be going to Cozumel for the very first time and we are clueless but very excited! We'll be staying at the Allegro 4 nights and 5 days. Tell us what to do, eat, drink, where to go, and the must-see must-do things.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
481 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tell us what to do....

Well, you found this forum, thats a good start! Figure out what you want to focus on; snorkeling, hanging out on the beach, shopping, trying various restaurants....there's more to do than you'll have time for. Also check out cozumelmycozumel.com. Read, read, read... and have the time of your life!

Musts: the Wild (east) Side of the isla, and the plaza on Sunday night (if you're there on a Sunday).

jax in MN

North Providence...
Level Contributor
392 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tell us what to do....

We have stayed at the Allegro really enjoyed it. The beach there is beautiful! Make sure you eat one night in the hotel's Mexican restaurant. The food was delicious, and have them prepare the Mexican coffee tableside for you. If you will be in Cozumel on a Sunday, try and get to town for dinner at one of the many fine restaurants (La Choza, Casa Denis, Especias) and stay for the music at the zocolo. A visit to the east side of the island, and lunch at Coconuts is always a must for us. Check out Cozumel Sailing for a nice relaxing day on board a beautiful trimaran. Captain Dan and his crew will sail up to the northern end of the island, stopping along the way for some good snorkeling over three big coral heads, and then on to a pristine stretch of beach for swimming or shelling. They will also preprare a delicious lunch and any kind of drink you desire, all while wait ing on you hand and foot. This is just a really nice, relaxing day. Of course snorkeling, and I suggest Eagle Ray Divers. They will pick you up right at the Allegro dock. We love their small uncrowded boats, and great crew. You will get a lot of personal attention.

South of the border
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tell us what to do....

Well, you are staying at an all-inclusive far from town, but if you are willing to venture away from the hotel and pay the steep taxi fares, I would highly recommend it. Some of my favorite restaurants are:

Especias

Guidos

El Moro

La Choza

El Foco

Camilos

La Mission