We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay? All-inclusive

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
South Carolina
4 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay? All-inclusive

Any suggestions on a good all-inclusive resort in Cozumel? We are looking to dive and snorkel.

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay? All-inclusive

If you put hotel cozumel in the search box you can see my past comments. I stay at hotel coz because of the price and location. I do AI and for the price it is worth it to me. I go to town everynight and enjoy the locals. It is walking distance or a short cab ride. I would do research and see what you want- close to town or further out. I write down all the prices i get and do comaprisons. I like the cheaper places and have more money to spend. People are diff. enjoy- i will be there in 19 days

Sergeant Bluff, Iowa
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay? All-inclusive

We are staying at the Park Royal in a week. It looks like our cup of tea, close enough to town yet just enough outside of it. Plus the grounds look nice despite being right by the cruise ports.

Amherst, Ohio
Level Contributor
498 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay? All-inclusive

Cozumel palace has great snorkeling right off the resort. They are also having a promo where you can use all of your 1500 resort credits on diving. They have affiliated with a dive company

Concord, North...
Level Contributor
942 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay? All-inclusive

Palace also has my vote

Madera, California
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay? All-inclusive

We have stayed at the Fiesta Americana and enjoyed it. We are going in November 2013 for my son to compete in the Ironman. Fiesta is where we'll be staying, again.

Plus, if you are a diver, they have their own dive shop and pier. If you choose to use a different dive shop, they allow the other shops boat to pick you up at their pier.

OK
Level Contributor
61 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay? All-inclusive

My husband and I stayed at the Palace for our anniversary 5 years ago. It was fantastic! Loved the ocean view, suite with tub, great service!!! We rented jeeps twice, toured the whole island and ate at many great local restaurants!

Cowansville, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay? All-inclusive

It depends on what you want to do. Diver's paradise is Iberostar, good food, nice place, read my review about it, I was there 2 weeks ago.

Charles

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay? All-inclusive

You didn't mention your budget and what you're looking for.

If you're at the top of your budget, Cozumel Palace. If you're looking for a good middle of the road price, I suggest El Cozumeleno. They have a dive shop on their premises and use Scuba Du. They're on the north end of the island, so there is a bit of a ride to get to Presidente where Scuba Du is located.

As mentioned, Iberostar is at the south end, closer to the reefs. I will add though, that taxis into town are pricey, unless you plan on renting a car.

missouri
Level Contributor
73 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay? All-inclusive

Do not stay at el coz. We are here now and the place is very run down compared to a few years ago

South Carolina
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay? All-inclusive

No one mentioned the Occidental. Anyone have a review for this location? We are looking to book through FunJet and only want to spend about $2,000 for hotel and airfare. We will be traveling in May for 4 nights. 3 members of our group will be diving and the other 3 will be snorkeling and relaxing.