We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of Renting a Moped?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,452 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Thinking of Renting a Moped?

While the two articles are in Spanish, the photos should show you why its not a good idea to rent a moped. Two more tourists who wish they would have avoided the mopeds.

www.poresto.net/ver_nota.php…

www.poresto.net/ver_nota.php…

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,452 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Thinking of Renting a Moped?

Good advice from Jerry. Buy the insurance. You do not want to learn about local law the hard way. Whatever the insurance costs, it can be well worth it.

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Thinking of Renting a Moped?

Make sure the scooters are in good shape. Tires , lights and all that. Isis got new scooters last year and i get one everytime. The wet streets scare me the most. i usually just stop at the closest watering hole for awhile and let the rain pass. Then take it very sloooooooooow.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
854 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Thinking of Renting a Moped?

thank you for your knowledgeable report jerryak. so if you have full coverage and you are deemed at fault how quickly do lost wages become determined? how about medical expences for an injured local? is that covered under full coverage?

14. Re: Thinking of Renting a Moped?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 31, 2014