We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Segway tours

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Grand...
Level Contributor
24 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Segway tours

We are stopping at Cozumel on our cruise and want to take a Segway tour. Any suggestions of a good company? I made a reservation with one company but seems that their phone is disconnected and they are not answering emails. Help!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
481 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Segway tours

If they don't do it any longer, I wouldn't be surprised. I have watched a group of them before, and seriously, it looked really uncomfortable and boring. IMO a total waste of time. Better to take a cab to a beach club. Just my dos centavos.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
310 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Segway tours

Was there last month and saw them going down the transversal road. But Pairo'Jax is right, everyone looked rather bored.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Segway tours

I see them every year creeping along soooo slow. I agree, it looks boring and hot.

MaconMO
Level Contributor
211 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Segway tours

We did segway in Seattle Wa and there it was awesome!

But in Cozumel - HECK NO!

WAAAAYYYYY too many others things to do! Don't cheat yourself please!

Segways if you have never riden them can be tricky and your feet and legs will fall asleep and cramp after just a few minutes if you aren't used to them because of the center balance you must have to operate them.

And if you can't get ahold of anyone, and they aren't getting ahold of you, you might be falling into something that is iffy regarding your money....

5. Re: Segway tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, September 07, 2013
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,729 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Segway tours

I agree with most of the others here. Your money can be better spent doing something else on Cozumel. The most exciting think about the Segway tour is the Segway itself !

Christiansburg...
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Segway tours

Don't knock it til you've tried it. We went in August 2013, and our group loved the Segway tour, from ages 12 to 71. We rode the segways down a beach road (beautiful!!) and went snorkeling on the reef for a couple hours at a private resort. It was one of the best excursions I have ever been on and I have been to most of the Caribbean islands and done excursions on all.

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Segway tours

I agree with the others too. Just looks boring. I would rather be in a car going down the beautiful beach road! How fast do they go? Every time I have seen them you are just puttering along. That's why it looks boring to me... Maybe book it thru the ship if you can. Do you know the name of the company?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Segway tours

So very many other things to do...also, I would think it would be pretty darn HOT!

10. Re: Segway tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, September 11, 2014