We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Independence...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Reviews

When I booked our trip a few weeks ago all the review were great..The last few days I have seen really bad reviews coming in....People saying the rooms they are showing on the sites r not what the rooms look like..I have a junior suite swim up and everyone is saying those rooms are on the old side..not good at all...Not remodeled...really old looking...Can some pics of those rooms be posted...I will be arriving early as that is when our flight comes in at 10:30am we then are picking up our rental car..at 11 so should be at the resort noonish...Everyone says dont bother coming early or even on time the rooms wont be ready....I dont know what to think at this point...I picked a resort this year never been to a resort Cruise every year..and now having alot of worries!!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,599 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviews

Maybe some can help if you tell us where you are staying.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
226 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reviews

I believe the OP is referring to Secrets Aura Cozumel.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reviews

"junior suite swim up" ......would that be Secrets, Robert?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,599 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reviews

It could well be. Never stayed there so really dont know. But I am sure some here know what fits the description.

Independence...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reviews

Yes...Im staying Secrets Aura Cozumela

Presho, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reviews

Junior suite swim up at secrets is the former Sabor exclusive area. It has been combined with Aura. The area is less than 10 years old. If you look at www.secretsresorts/aura, many of the pics are of this area. Most of the pics with no ocean view are here. There are waterslides which are fun. We have stayed In this area & while not as nice as Aura, we liked it.

Just because your room is not ready, it is not a problem. They will store your luggage for you. Have swim suits in your carry on. Go eat lunch, have a few drinks, change & sit on the beach.

Even though your room is in that area, you have all the privileges of Secrets. It is a short walk from your room to the beach.

Have fun!

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reviews

You might want to add some time to your schedule. Quite often it takes over an hour to get out of the airport depending on how many flights are arriving around the time yours does.

Drive south in your rental and stop at a pretty ocean side restaurant for some lunch. No hurries, no worries. I suggest Blue Angel.

Independence...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reviews

Thanks...

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
71 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reviews

stefanie you gotta calm down!

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
103 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reviews

you really do need to chill! you are going to Mexico, you might be in customs for an hour, getting your luggage, arranging to get your rental car. This is NOT a well organized business trip where every minute is scheduled. Get your car stop and have a nice meal looking out over the water((Blue Angel) is good also La Hatch or almost anywhere else. When you get to your hotel they will take care of you, maybe you go to the pool if your room isn't ready, no big deal, if you come to have a good time you will, if you come for every minute to be scheduled you are coming to the wrong place. Come and enjoy!!!!